One Skillet Gnocchi with Brussels Sprouts and Chickpeas – A delicious, healthy, and vegetarian one skillet meal that comes together in just 30 minutes!
In this quick and easy one-skillet pasta dinner, we are tossing delicious brussels sprouts, diced tomatoes and garbanzo beans with gnocchi and topping it off with mozzarella and Parmesan.
You wanted Meatless Monday? I’m giving you Meatless Monday! And it’s so darn goooood.
Hey You! Happy Halloweeeeen! Please share with me if you’re going trick or treating? AND what are you going as?! My little ones are going as Shopkins and I’m going as Mother Shopkins. I have no idea if she exists, but she does now. I’m going to put on the pinkest dress that I can find on the racks at Party City today (yep, I will be shopping for a Halloween costume on the day OF Halloween…), the pinkest lipstick that I have, and the bluest eyeshadow that I can get at Walgreens, all while shopping for Halloween candy and decor…
I’m so bad. I know. I wait last minute (literally) for every.thing. At least I bought the costumes for my little girls 2 months ahead! That counts for something.
Onto things that I’m better at: making dinner! And, do I have a dinner recipe for you! Look at this skillet of pure comfort.
This is going to satisfy the carb-lover in your life, the veggie-lover, the cheese-lover, AND the protein-lover. I got you ALL covered.
ONE SKILLET GNOCCHI
Checkit. For this one skillet gnocchi recipe, I got me some gluten-free wheat-free gnocchi that were out-of-this-world-good. They’re by DeLallo and they are possibly the best I have had. Try to get those if you can.
One Skillet Gnocchi with Brussels Sprouts and Chickpeas
I added some brussels sprouts in here, too, because I love them little cabbages, but it’s also their season and that makes me super happy.
Chickpeas a.k.a. Garbanzo Beans also made their way in here, as well as tomatoes for extra juice and flavor.
Do you think I overdid it? Don’t think that! Just throw it all together and let it happen. The textures and flavors work really, really well together and you won’t be disappointed. It also makes an amazing side dish for company, or even just a Monday night dinner. If you have to have some real meat, throw in leftover diced chicken, reheat and eat!
Now, I seriously have to go because, I need to buy a Halloween costume, Halloween candy, aaaaand I have to pimp out the house before the trick or treaters get here!
Bye bye byyyye!
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS USED IN THIS RECIPE
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil , divided
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 package (12 ounces) gluten-free, wheat-free gnocchi
- 1 large yellow onion , thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 bag (12 ounces) frozen small brussels sprouts
- 1/2 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 can (15-ounces) no-salt added diced tomatoes
- 1 can (15-ounces) chickpeas, well rinsed and drained
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat.
- Add gnocchi and cook, stirring often, for about 6 minutes, or until plumped and starting to brown.
- Remove from heat and transfer gnocchi to a bowl; set aside.
- Add the remaining oil and butter to the skillet; heat and stir in the onions. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring often.
- Add garlic, brussels sprouts and vegetable broth.
- Cover and cook over medium heat for 5 to 6 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in tomatoes and chickpeas; season with salt and pepper and bring to a simmer.
- Add the previously prepared gnocchi and sprinkle with mozzarella and parmesan.
- Cover and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the sauce is bubbling.
- Remove from heat and serve.
WW Smart Points: 7
Recipe inspired by EatingWell
I’M IN THE MOOD FOR…
- Has Eggs
- Is Healthy
- Is Make Ahead
- Is Simple
- Is a Smoothie
- Is Kid Friendly
- Is Light
- Is Quick
- Is Perfect for Work
- Are Cheesy
- Are Dips or Spreads
- Are Healthy
- Are Perfect for Parties
- Are Simple
- Has Beef
- Has Chicken
- Uses an Instant Pot
- Is Quick
- Has Seafood
- Uses a Slow Cooker
- Is Vegetarian
- Have Alcohol
- Are Crowd Pleasers
- Are Fruity
- Are Kid Friendly
- Are Seasonal
- Is Chocolatey
- Is Festive
- Is Frozen
- Is Easy