This post is sponsored by STAR FINE FOODS, maker of awesome Olive Oils, Vinegars, glazes, capers, anchovies, onions, and the list goes ON and ON!
Thank YOU, friends, for supporting the brands that make Diethood possible!
Packed with sweet tomatoes and salty olives, this delicious chicken dinner is sure to impress! A skillet chicken recipe easy enough for weeknights, fancy enough for dinner guests.
I guess I really like my tomatoes this week. I’ve talked about ’em thrice in 4 days… That was unintentional. Maybe.
Anyhoooo. Happy Monday, dear friends! And second, did you have a wonderful Easter weekend? I kinda sat around all day and ate the kids’ chocolates. Had a Kale Smoothie, too. BALANCE.
Don’t worry, though. I’m not stealing from the kids. Kind of. It was dark chocolate. I don’t think kids like dark chocolate… do they? Probably not.
Uhm. I think I am better at talking about recipes than admitting my dark chocolate obsession.
We gotta talk about this meal that I am really loving. Holy flavor explosion! ‘Tis all I gotta say. I totally want to just dive right the heck into that skillet.
Really, I’ve reached the point where I’m not above throwing anything that can be paired or not, in a pan with chicken. It has vastly improved my mood, I swear.
And since we’re all getting ready for bikini season – it will creep up on us real soon! – let’s make this wonderfully light dish ’cause it’s the only solution.
Though the pimiento olive’s main purpose in life appears to be as a garnish, we’re about to prove ’em wrong.
It all started one unassuming winter/spring afternoon. I opened up the fridge and decided to clean it up. Best job, ever. NOT! I’m looking forward to the day when my kids are old enough so I can pawn those not-so-hot chores off to them! I have big dreams, I know.
As I was saying. I cleaned out the fridge and I was left with a few items that needed to be tossed out right away, and there was nothing left to add to my skillet chicken dinner. A very odd moment.
Thus… enter Pimiento Stuffed Olives.
Moving away from the bar for a moment, STAR’s Pimiento Stuffed Olives make a wonderful addition to our Tuna Pasta Salad, but they are just as amazing in this Skillet Chicken with Tomatoes and Olives Recipe. Firm, yet tender, smoky and slightly sweet, the olives add that needed bite to this saucy one-skillet chicken dish that will blow your mind.
This is so easy to make. It contains 1, 2 or 3 fresh, healthy ingredients – assuming that briny olives count towards my total cause, and they’re green. You also will just need one big skillet and a few minutes to prep.
Me thinks you need to have this for dinner. It’s warm, it’s comforting, it’s veggie-full and there’s olives on top. With chicken underneath.
P.S. 30-minutes are all you will need to prepare it! AND one skillet!
okay. Now you can go.
STAR Pimiento Stuffed Olives STAR Pimiento Stuffed Olives are available at select Safeway, Vons, King Soopers, Ralphs, Smiths, Save Mart, Raley’s, Lucky, Food 4 Less, Smart & Final, Bashas, Walmart, Tom Thumb and Randalls stores and ONLINE.
STAR Pure Olive Oil is available at select Walmart, Target, Safeway, Albertsons, Bashas, Stater Bros., Food 4 Less, Raley’s and Save Mart stores and ONLINE.
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS USED IN THIS RECIPE
Packed with sweet tomatoes & salty olives, this tasty skillet chicken recipe is easy enough for weeknights and fancy enough for dinner guests.
- 3 tablespoons STAR Original Olive Oil
- 6 (4 ounces each) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 2 yellow onions , sliced
- 4 garlic cloves , minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes , juices included
- 2/3- cup STAR Pimiento Stuffed Manzanilla Olives , halved crosswise
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Pound chicken breasts to even thickness; DO NOT pound thin!
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Add chicken breasts to hot oil and cook 6 minutes; flip and continue to cook for 4 minutes or until browned on both sides.
- Remove chicken from skillet; set aside.
- Add onions, garlic and thyme leaves to skillet; cook for 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in tomatoes and olives.
- Return chicken to skillet; bring mixture to a boil.
- Turn heat down to a simmer; cover skillet and continue to cook for 15, or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Remove from heat.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.