Flavor loaded, sweet and spicy honey sriracha chicken served with a delicious side of cauliflower rice. One of my favorite, easy chicken thighs recipes!
Juicy chicken thighs smothered in the most deliciously spicy sauce packed with sweetness and a whole lot of flavor. All it takes is about 30 minutes to make this easy, juicy, chicken dinner recipe with cauliflower rice.
appetizing. delectable. delish. divine. Is that enough adjectives to make you want to jump straight into the kitchen and make this, asap? GOOD! Because you should.
My very small army of 2 kids and a hubby absolutely, positively, love and adore my Spicy, Sweet and Sticky Chicken Thighs – can’t blame them.
Their second favorite sweet-and-sticky combination is this Honey Sriracha Chicken.
HOW TO MAKE HONEY SRIRACHA CHICKEN THIGHS
A blend of honey, sriracha chili sauce, soy sauce, rice vinegar, lime juice, and garlic makes a splendid combo that keeps our chicken extra tender and succulent.
If time allows, I recommend marinating the chicken in the sauce for about 20 minutes before cooking.
When ready to get started, heat up your skillet and add the chicken thighs to cook for about 8 minutes on each side, or until cooked through.
In the meantime, you’ll want to prepare the cauliflower rice. If you have never made it before, please know that it is just a two-step process. My favorite of all time is my Coconut Lime Cauliflower Rice. IT IS INCREDIBLE!
HOW TO MAKE CAULIFLOWER RICE
- Break up the cauliflower into florets.
- Add the cauliflower florets to a food processor and PULSE until cauliflower starts to resemble “rice”.
- Add the cauliflower rice to a skillet; season with salt and pepper and cook for a couple minutes, or until tender. That’s it.
MORE ASIAN INSPIRED CHICKEN RECIPES
- Crock Pot Honey Garlic Chicken
- Lemongrass Grilled Chicken
- General Tso’s Chicken
- Sheet Pan Chicken Stir Fry
- 30-Minute Skinny Cashew Chicken
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS USED IN THIS RECIPE
Flavor loaded, sweet and spicy honey sriracha chicken served with a delicious side of cauliflower rice.
- 1/4 cup Sriracha sauce (you can also use sweet chili sauce)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 6 to 8 (around 2 pounds) boneless chicken thighs (skin-on OR off)*
- chopped fresh cilantro for garnish
- lime zest for garnish
- 1 head cauliflower cut into florets
- 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
In a mixing bowl whisk together sriracha, honey, soy sauce, rice vinegar, lime juice, and garlic.
- Spoon 1/4 cup of marinade out of the bowl and set aside for later.
Transfer the remaining of the sriracha mixture and chicken thighs to a ziploc bag and marinate for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Transfer chicken thighs to heated skillet and cook for about 7 to 8 minutes per side, or until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink in the middle.
Add the reserved sauce to the skillet and over the chicken thighs; cook for 1 minute and turn chicken to coat.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- You can wipe down the skillet that we used for the chicken or you can use a separate skillet.
- Add florets to the bowl of your food processor and PULSE until cauliflower looks like rice. You may have to do this part in batches, depending on the size of your food processor.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Stir in cauliflower rice and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook for 2 minutes, or until tender.
- Remove from heat and fluff with fork.
- Garnish chicken and cauliflower rice with chopped cilantro and lime zest.
WW FREESTYLE POINTS: 5
* Cooking chicken with the skin ON (and then removing the skin after cooking) helps trap all those tasty, natural juices inside.