Grilled Bacon-Wrapped Stuffed Mini Peppers – Delicious bacon wrapped around tasty mini peppers stuffed with a flavorful ground turkey and tomatoes mixture, and grilled!
Meat, bacon, peppers, and da grill! What’s not to LOVE?!
My dear friends, happiest of Sundays! Hope you’re having a wonderful weekend! I have been spending these last few weekends with my sister who is visiting from Macedonia and we are having the best of times together. I’m so lucky because she is just fantastically fantastic. She also reminded me that, growing up, our most favorite food on the planet was meaty stuffed mini peppers with blocks of feta cheese on the side.
Which brings me to my next point ⤵⤵⤵
Yeah… these guys. ⤴⤴⤴ We have to talk about them. Well, I’ll talk about them to you, and hopefully you will listen. Err. Read.
I hosted a little play date last week – a play date that involved mommies – and so I wanted to have a simple snack on hand, one that would complement the non-stop flow of Margaritas. I know, you’re like, “And you didn’t invite me?!?”. SO sorry! BUT. Leave your MySpace account in the comments section and I’ll reach out next time. If you don’t know what MySpace is, know that at this moment I am wishing that I was also only 22.
Not sure if I can ever fully express my love for stuffed peppers, but I know that I could eat this version over and over again because the flavor is outrageous. They can feed a crowd. Or yourself – just being real.
And the best part: they take like 30-ish minutes.
First, you’re just going to half all the sweet mini peppers. Then, you’re going to reach for the skillet, brown the meat and add some flavors. After that, you will stuff the peppers with the prepared meat mixture, add some cheese on top, wrap bacon around it all, secure it with a toothpick, take them all to the grill, plop ’em on the grill and wait until bacon is cooked to a desired crispness. Phewwww…
Oh! AND! At this point you will begin to brag to your mommy-friends that you’ve prepared the most amazing GLUTEN FREE, LOW CARB stuffed mini peppers appetizer and that it is pure Heaven.
The perfect accompaniment to these bacon-wrapped babes? A MARGARITA! Now THAT is a complete meal.
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS USED IN THIS RECIPE
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion , diced
- 3 garlic cloves , minced
- 1 pound 98% fat free ground turkey meat
- salt and pepper , to taste
- 1 cup low fat mild cheddar shredded cheese
- 1 can (10 ounces) Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies
- 1 bag (1 pound) colorful sweet mini peppers, cut in half lenghtwise
- 8 to 10 slices low sodium bacon , cut in half
- wooden picks
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add diced onion and cook for 3 minutes, or until softened.
- Add garlic and cook for about 30 seconds, or until fragrant.
- Stir in the ground turkey meat; continue to cook until meat is browned, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and green chilies; stir and remove from heat.
- Stuff the prepared peppers with the turkey meat filling.
- Wrap a slice of bacon around each pepper and secure it with wooden picks.
- Preheat outside grill to medium-high heat.
- Spray the grill rack with non-stick cooking spray, then place the peppers on the grill and cook for about 7 minutes, or until the sides of the peppers are slightly charred and bacon is cooked to a desired crispness.
- Remove from grill.
- Serve warm.
WW Smart Points: 5
Sign up to get new recipes via email & get an ebook with 9 favorite Thanksgiving Side Dishes!