Beer & Cheddar Cheese Soup – Perfect for a weeknight meal, this Beer and Cheese Soup is creamy, delicious and it is so easy to make! Also? Blendtec Giveaway!
Hi, you guys! Just a quick FYI, Christmas is about to happen. We have 8 days left.
Now we can discuss my youth.
Once upon a time I was in my 20s, living it up in my own downtown apartment and eating brownies for dinner. Or green smoothies. That decision depended on the scale’s numbers.
Fast forward to the day that I had to give up my apartment because I kinda got married and had to live with a boy. (<— Monica Gellar). In the ‘burbs…
I had to sublet my apartment asap and could not find anyone that wanted to take over the large rent… UNTIL!
Until one day this girl walked into my apartment, looked around, went into the kitchen, came out and said, “I’ll take it.”.
“YEEEESSSSS!”, I screamed inside.
“BUT!”, she said. “BUT, under one condition. You have to leave the Blendtec”.
Say what the what?!?
“That’s the only way I’ll take the apartment”, she said.
I thought, “Smart girl”.
As much as I didn’t want to, I uttered the word, “Deal.”, and that was the end of me and my Blendtec, Bertha the Powerful.
It was years before I finally got to hang out with a Blendtec blender again.
And man, has Blendtec upgraded since then!! WOW.
This is the Blendtec Designer 725. It is a beast!
At first, though, I was wowed by its sleek appearance. The stainless steel finish is gorgeous and the illuminated touchscreen is my favorite! It sends you cute messages, too.
Such as this morning’s message; “This is your 1,334,225 smoothie!” 😉
There are six pre-programmed cycles for juice, smoothies, soups, salsas, ice cream and cleaning. When ready to blend, you just add all the ingredients into the jar, press the icon that corresponds to the food you are preparing and the blender does the rest. It also shuts off automatically.
Basically, you can just go on about your business while the Blendtec is preparing your breakfast smoothie.
Bonus? It’s soooo easy to clean. In fact, the wide container fits easily in my dishwasher. Another bonus. Blendtec’s blender has a dull blade, so even if you’re washing it by hand, you’ll never cut yourself.
AND! The Blendtec blender technology is intuitive and the Designer 725 blender can sense that there is a problem with your blend, such as over-heating, loading errors, or air pockets. Once detected, it instructs you how to go about fixing those problems to achieve the best results with your food.
I’m so impressed – can you tell? 😀
What’s more impressive is that the awesome people at Blendtec are giving me one Blendtec Blender to give to you!! YAY! Merry Christmas!
Please scroll down to the bottom, past the recipe to ENTER! GOOD LUCK!
Don’t forget to make this soup, stat! It’s SO GOOD!!
Beer Cheddar Cheese Soup
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion , chopped
- 1 large carrot , sliced into thin rounds
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 1 garlic clove , minced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/3- cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 bottle (12-ounces) beer (do not use dark beer - the soup will be bitter)
- 1/2- cup heavy cream
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 bag (8-ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Heat olive oil in a large heavy pot over medium heat.
- Add onion and carrots to the pot and season with salt and pepper.
- Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender; about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 minute, or until fragrant.
- Add butter and stir until melted.
- Add flour and cook, stirring constantly until well blended.
- Stir in broth, beer, and heavy cream.
- Add bay leaf and cook over high heat and bring soup to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer, continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened; about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Slowly stir in the cheese.
- Remove from heat and cover with a lid; set aside for 5 minutes.
- Remove lid and stir.
- Discard bay leaf.
- Transfer soup to a blender and purée until completely smooth.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust accordingly.
- Ladle into bowls, garnish with chopped fresh parsley and serve.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.
DISCLAIMER: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in exchange for this review. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.
NOTE: The link below is an “affiliate link.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Thank YOU!