Banana Bread filled with a sweet Ricotta mixture and baked in a deliciously rich custard.
HI! Is it Friday, yet?!
Oh my, yes it is! HAPPY FRIDAY!
This week was a tough one for many reasons, and I am really glad that the weekend is here so I can kick up my feet and relax a bit. And down a stiff one… I’m thinkin’ a Strawberry Pom Mojito (or four) before the summer weather finds the EXIT signs!
Can’t BUHLIEVE that Summer is about to leave us. Where does the time go?!
At least The Voice is about to start up again! I’m a big fan! I never got into American Idol, but The Voice just sucked me in! And I love the theme song! I only know that one part, “This is The Voice!” So aggressive, right? “This is THE VOICCCCE!!!” It’s so rock ‘n roll – I love it!
Oh my gosh, I will be so embarrassed if one of you comes back here and tells me that I have it all wrong, and that those are not the lyrics at all! I’m known to do that!!
I think I’m better off talking about food, but still, I want to share my other loves. I also like shoes. And bags. And Starbucks… Hey, just trying to help you out with your Christmas List. 😉
Okay, okay, french toast… stuffed.
I have to tell you that my Blueberry Banana Bread obsession continues…
I made it again this past weekend. I only served half of it and left the other half on the kitchen counter. On purpose.
I just really wanted to make this stuffed french toast and “serve” it to you on this fine Friday. Because, what do we always say around here? Because weekend calories don’t count. That’s right!
Thus, make some banana bread tonight, any recipe will do, leave it on the counter, uncovered, and then whip up the rest of it tomorrow morning! See, I can even help you out with scheduling your meals!
But, really, this amazing treat is a pretty simple, delicious concept. Take your favorite bread, slice it, spread your favorite mixture on top of each slice, make a sandwich, cover it in custard and bake it. Top it with berries and add maple syrup, if you like. I don’t do the maple syrup – this bread is rich enough. Yes, I said rich enough. It can happen.
- 8 slices stale leftover banana bread or any other thick sliced bread (slices should be close to 1-inch thick)
- 2 cups part skim ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup milk
- 3 whole eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups mixed berries
- powdered sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease a 8x8 baking dish with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine ricotta cheese, sugar, and ground cinnamon; mix until thoroughly combined.
- Spread ricotta mixture onto each slice of bread.
- Place 4 bread slices, cheese-side up, in prepared baking dish.
- Cover with remaining bread slices, cheese-side down.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, and vanilla until blended.
- Pour over bread.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until center is set and top is golden brown.
- Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Top with berries and powdered sugar.
WW SmartPoints: 13
Looking for more Stuffed French Toast ideas?
Let’s see what my talented bloggy friends have come up with!
Nutella Stuffed French Toast from Love and Lemons
Almond Crusted Stuffed French Toast from Jeanette’s Healthy Living
Stuffed French Toast from Dieters Downfall
Nutella Stuffed French Toast STICKS from Valerie’s Kitchen
Biscoff S’mores Stuffed French Toast from Confessions of a Bright-Eyed Baker