This post is sponsored by Cara Mia Products! All opinions are always 100% my own.
Thank YOU, friends, for supporting the brands that make Diethood possible!
Artichokes and Feta Cheese Strata – An amazing brunch or breakfast layered casserole with day-old bread, artichokes, and feta cheese.
Hey you! Happy Meatless Monday! AND Easter Monday! Though I didn’t make you anything with boiled eggs, this beauty of a strata is filled with fresh eggs, and also packed with all other amazing goodies, artichokes, feta cheese, and leeks, included.
Sidenote: If you need boiled eggs ideas, here’s a few:
I do want to ease us into the week, and assuming that you all are just as big bread eaters as my family, me EXcluded, I found a way for us to take care of all that stale bread you might have sitting around. Also, since it’s Monday, I felt that a veggie was required…?
Speaking of… is artichoke a vegetable? Or a flower?!? If the latter, then you’re eating flowers today, not vegetables. With a side of feta cheese.
In this recipe, we’re going to work with Cara Mia Artichokes in Water which are Trans Fat Free, Cholesterol Free, and Sugar Free. They are great in salads and dips, appetizers, or tucked inside this pretty awesome Artichokes and Feta Cheese Strata.
We are going to start with sauteeing the artichokes with leeks and STAR’s Olive Oil with Fresh Basil, just to add a bit more flavor.
In the meantime, you’ll combine that day-old bread with eggs and allow all the flavors to come together before you pour it all into a pretty dish and bake it for 45-ish minutes.
When ready, this is what you’ll be digging into. ⤴⤴⤴
Please go grab a whisk, grab a jar of these delicious artichokes, and ENJOY!
Cara Mia Artichokes in Water are available at select Raley’s, Safeway, Save Mart, Winco, Schnucks, Ralphs, Fred Meyer, King Soopers, Shop n Save, Stater Bros., Smart & Final, Vons, Bashas, Walmart stores and ONLINE. Look for them in the canned vegetable aisle or produce section.
STAR Basil Infused Olive Oil is available at select Raley’s, Save Mart and Food Lion stores and ONLINE.
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS USED IN THIS RECIPE
- 1/2 tablespoon basil infused olive oil (or just plain olive oil)
- 1 yellow onion , diced
- 1 leek , thinly slice into rings, discard dark green leaves at bottom and the root end
- 3 garlic cloves , minced
- 1 jar Cara Mia Artichokes in Water , drained
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 3/4 cup skim milk
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 4 large eggs
- 5 cups cubed day-old bread
- 1 cup fat free feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Lightly grease a 2 quart baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add onions and leeks, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in garlic and continue to cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Stir in artichoke hearts and season with thyme; cook for 4 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and let cool for 10 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine milk, salt, pepper, and eggs; whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Add bread and stir gently to combine.
- Stir in artichoke mixture, and let stand for 20 minutes.
- Spoon half of bread mixture into previously prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle with half of feta cheese, and top with remaining bread mixture.
- Sprinkle remaining feta cheese over top.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until browned and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and serve.
WW SMART POINTS: 7
I’M IN THE MOOD FOR…
- Has Eggs
- Is Healthy
- Is Make Ahead
- Is Simple
- Is a Smoothie
- Is Kid Friendly
- Is Light
- Is Quick
- Is Perfect for Work
- Are Cheesy
- Are Dips or Spreads
- Are Healthy
- Are Perfect for Parties
- Are Simple
- Has Beef
- Has Chicken
- Uses an Instant Pot
- Is Quick
- Has Seafood
- Uses a Slow Cooker
- Is Vegetarian
- Have Alcohol
- Are Crowd Pleasers
- Are Fruity
- Are Kid Friendly
- Are Seasonal
- Is Chocolatey
- Is Festive
- Is Frozen
- Is Easy