Cream Cheese Waffles with Honey Whipped Cream – Deliciously sweet and fluffy waffles served with honey whipped cream and fresh berries.
It’s like cake for breakfast. I LOVE these SO much!
Hey, YOU! Happy Valentine’s Day!!! I’m screaming as if it was Christmas or somethin’.
I don’t even know. I think every day should be celebrated so I’ll just keep on screaming via exclamation points!
BUT, I do love this day. Not because it’s just Valentine’s Day, but because I know that many of you love birds are thinking so much about one another, and trying to make happy-moments for each other. I LOVE that! Even if you’re doing it for your parents! Or your kids! Celebrating love is the greatest thing of ever. ♥
Would it be wrong if I suggested you make a happy moment by presenting these waffles to your honey-bunny?!? ‘Cause these waffles are my love-language. Everything good, everything sweet and delicious tangled up in pretty waffles.
I don’t often make waffles, but when I do…. I share ’em with you.
But really, these waffles are great because first and foremost, they taste incredibly rich, tiny bit tangy, but feel light and fluffy. The Honey Whipped Cream then takes that tang and twists it around, giving it a layer of flavor that you are going to fall in love with. Trust me.
This is what my face is seeing this morning. This is what YOUR face should be seeing this morning, as well.
One more thing! It’s important. Don’t skip the Honey Whipped Cream! Please! You’re going to want to stick your face in it once you taste it. I promise you.
But, then again, you’ll have 110 calories-less to worry about if you did skip it. So. Your call!
Okay. Now. Go have a very happy Valentine’s Day and I’ll see you tomorrow! Buh-Bye!
Craving more? Sign up for the DIETHOOD Newsletter for a fresh serving of content delivered to your inbox! Follow Diethood on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest recipes and updates.
Cream Cheese Waffles with Honey Whipped Cream
FOR THE WAFFFLES
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar , packed
- 4 ounces 1/3 Less Fat Cream Cheese , softened
- 2 eggs , separated
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- Fresh Berries for garnish
- Honey , optional
FOR THE HONEY WHIPPED CREAM
- 1 cup cold heavy whipping cream
- 4 tablespoons honey
- Preheat waffle maker.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and light brown sugar; whisk until well combined and set aside.
- In your mixer's bowl, combine cream cheese and egg yolks; mix until smooth.
- Add milk, oil and vanilla; mix until just combined.
- Add flour mixture to cream cheese mixture and stir just until dry ingredients are moist. Set aside.
- Place egg whites in your mixer's bowl and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold the egg whites gently into the waffle-batter; fold just until thoroughly combined. Do not overmix.
- Pour about 1/3-cup of the batter onto the preheated waffle iron and close the lid.***
- Bake for about 2 to 3 minutes, or until lightly browned a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
In the meantime, prepare the Whipped Cream.
- Pour the heavy cream into a large mixing bowl and beat on medium speed until it begins to thicken.
- Add honey and continue to beat until soft peaks form. Taste it and add more honey if you like it sweeter.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Serve waffles topped with Honey Whipped Cream and fresh berries.
- If desired, drizzle a little bit of honey over the berries.
Recipe Notes***The amount of batter will depend on the size of your waffle iron.