Banana Bread Waffles – The sweet and delicious taste of Banana Bread in a Waffle!
GOD, I love breakfast food! Look at that thing. It’s fluffy, and fruity, and cool whippy! That’s how I wanna roll every darn morning!
What’s up, friends? How are YOU? I hope everyone feels as good as myself. I am in Macedonia with family and friends, having a terrific time catching up with my sister and snuggling (smothering is more like it) my nieces.
I’m also eating like… a… well… a cow. Let’s not even try to find a better word.
To balance things out, I then ordered a salad. But it was a Caesar Salad… not sure how that ranks in the healthy-food department.
Speaking of food department… please say HELLO to the tastiest waffles of ever!
Okay, I’m pretty sure your recipe is the best of ever, too, but, pinky swear, this recipe is just as good. 😉
By the way, this is NOT waffled Banana Bread, rather these are waffles that taste like Banana Bread. M’kay? Cool.
Although, waffling all-the-things sounds super aromatic and so easy to make.
Sometimes it still blows my mind that I hated sweet breads/waffles/pancakes for like 20 years of my life. I just thought that bread-like things didn’t have a place in the sweets aisle. Don’t ask me why. Sheltered life. Just kidding. I just like to eat my bread with feta, day in and day out.
But Banana Bread Waffles. They are breakfast. A snack. Even lunch! And a bedtime munchie.
And a dessert masquerading as breakfast.
Grilled bananas on top? BONUS!
Craving more? Sign up for the DIETHOOD Newsletter for fresh new content delivered to your inbox! Follow Diethood on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest recipes and updates.
Banana Bread Waffles
- 2 cups All-Purpose Ultragrain Flour (You can also use regular all-purpose flour)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1 egg , lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups almond milk (you can also use skim milk)
- 2 very ripe mashed bananas
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- whipped topping for garnish , optional
- banana slices for garnish , optional
- nuts for garnish , optional
- honey or maple syrup
- Lightly coat waffle iron with cooking spray ; preheat.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg; whisk until thoroughly combined and set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl add lightly beaten egg, milk, mashed bananas and extra virgin olive oil; whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Add milk mixture to flour mixture and stir just until moistened. Batter will be slightly clumpy.
- Pour about ?-cup of the batter onto the preheated waffle iron and close the lid.***
- Bake for about 2 to 3 minutes, or until lightly browned and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove waffle from waffle iron and repeat with remaining batter.
- For each servings, stack 2 to 3 waffles, top with whipped topping, banana slices, nuts and honey or maple syrup.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.