Cheesy Baked Butternut Squash – Chunks of butternut squash tossed with parmesan cheese and white cheddar, together with a sprinkle of a delicious and garlicky crumb mixture.
AND 14 Thanksgiving Sides to add to your Thanksgiving Menu!
Hi, Friends! Happiest of Sundays!! Did you turn back the clocks?
True story. This one time I forgot to change the time and because of that, I was the first one to arrive at Church. I drove over an hour to get to Church only to find an empty parking lot and closed Church doors. For about 15 minutes, I was just standing there trying to convince myself that it was Sunday. I started tracking back, trying to figure out that the night before was Saturday, and that on Friday was the last day of class… I kept going back all the way to the beginning of the week. I really thought I was losing IT. Finally, the maintenance guy showed up and LOL’ed at me.
In other news? Gobble Gobble! Almost!!
Last year AND the year before I posted roundups for Thanksgiving, like, on the day OF, or the day before… However, some people did not like that. I heard about it from a few of my lovely readers and for that reason I am going to start our Thanksgiving Roundup(S) today! HIGH FIVE!!
Honestly? I just want to drool over Brussels Sprouts and ‘Taters. AND Butternut Squash laced with lotsa cheese.
If you are looking for the perfect side dish to add to your Thanksgiving Feast, look no further – this is your list. Just hit print!
Click on the photo itself or click on the Recipe Title right below the photo.
Cheesy Baked Butternut Squash + Thanksgiving Side Dish Recipes
- 1 butternut squash (about 3-pounds), peeled, seeded and cut into 2-inch cubes
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves , finely chopped
- 1/4 cup panko crumbs
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- fresh parsley , for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Coat a 9x13 casserole dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Melt butter in a frying pan.
- Reduce heat to low and add garlic; cook until garlic is soft, about 2 minutes.
- Place panko crumbs in a bowl and drizzle melted butter-mixture over the crumbs; toss to combine and set aside.
- Toss chunks of butternut squash with olive oil; add cheeses and mix until well combined.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to previously prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle with prepared panko crumbs.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until squash is tender and lightly browned.
- Remove from oven.
- Garnish with parsley.
Recipe NotesRECIPE SOURCE: DIETHOOD
Carbohydrates: 29.1 g
Protein: 10.4 g
Fiber: 4.6 g