Soft, flaky and delicious cream cheese pastries filled with a sweet cream cheese mixture and strawberry jam.

Strawberry Cream Cheese Pastries Diethood Strawberry Cream Cheese Pastries

pinit fg en rect gray 20 Strawberry Cream Cheese Pastries

Oh, HI there! Happy Wednesday!

As you can see, and if you’ve been following, I decided to get all ethnic on ya this week and share a few things from my neck of the woods. I mean, why not! It’s damn good stuff!

Like that Savory Feta Cheese French Toast – hellllooooo delish!

Then we had that Apple Strudel Cake – ummmm… WOW! SO GOOD!

And today I’m showcasing these IN.credible pastries! Insane! They are just to die for!

Okay… nothing is really worth to die for, but you know what I mean.

Cream Cheese Pastries Diethood Strawberry Cream Cheese Pastries

To be quite honest, I had no intentions in cranking out all of “grandma’s recipes”, it just happened. It must be a sign. I need a vacay to Macedonia, asap!

And since I’m being so honest… can I tell you that I inhaled about 5 or 6 of these cookies without coming up for air? I’m just an open book. I have to tell you how it is. I can’t ever put these down. After having about 10 or 20, I freeze the rest (the remaining 10) for another one of those, I’m-feeling-skinny-today, let-me-eat-10-pastries-DAY.

This is your new favorite cookie. Right here, right now. For reals. Maybe I should have shared these with you during the Christmas rush, but there were so many cookies being passed around, I decided to wait. I thought they might fit better with the whole Valentine’s Day thingamajig.

Do YOU think these could pass as Valentine’s-ish cookies?! I think they can. After all, they are red, cute, and sweet. That sums up Valentine’s Day, right? You could probably even shape them into hearts! I am too lazy to do that. I just go for the classic look, ya know.

On a different note, I’m always a little hesitant about sharing these from-back-home-recipes with you because some of them require a little bit of kitchen skill. Just a little. For instance, this dough. It’s amazing, but it’s also a diva. If you don’t chill it, it will fall apart. Also!?! Using too much filling will make the cookies soggy, real fast.

Strawberry Cream Cheese Kolaci Diethood Strawberry Cream Cheese Pastries

Also, also!? Do not leave these on the kitchen counter. One, because they will disappear in seconds, and two, because, again, you don’t want to deal with sog-fest. Cover them and store them in the fridge. You can also freeze them for like 300 years. Or 3 months. Whichever one comes first.

follow me on pinterest button Strawberry Cream Cheese Pastries

Strawberry Cream Cheese Pastries

Total Time: 2 hours, 15 minutes

Yield: Makes 26 to 30 Cookies

Cream Cheese Pastries Diethood Recipe Strawberry Cream Cheese Pastries

Soft, flaky and delicious cream cheese dough filled with a sweet cream cheese mixture and strawberry jam.

For the Pastries
  • 1 package (8-ounces) cream cheese, softened
  • 2 sticks (16 tablespoons) butter, softened
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • powdered sugar for dusting
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • For the Filling
  • 1 package (8-ounces) cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 cup powdered sugar, or to taste (if you prefer it sweeter, add more)
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • strawberry jam

• In your mixer's bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth, light and fluffy.
  • Add flour and salt and continue to mix until thoroughly combined.
  • Lightly dust work area with powdered sugar.
  • Transfer dough to work area and shape into a ball.
  • Divide it into 4 rounds; flatten each round and cover each pastry dough with plastic wrap.
  • Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
  • In the meantime, prepare the filling by combining cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla in your mixer's bowl.
  • Beat until creamy and smooth. Set aside.
  • Dust work area with flour.
  • Remove dough from fridge and let rest for 5 minutes.
  • Roll out each ball of dough to a 1/4-inch thickness.
  • Cut into 3x3 squares.
  • Fill the center of each square with 1/2-teaspoon cream cheese mixture and 1/2 teaspoon strawberry jam. For a prettier presentation, using a pastry bag, you can pipe the fillings, one on top of the other.
  • Overlap opposite corners of dough to the center and over the filling. Pinch seams together.
  • Refrigerate for 1 hour.
  • Preheat oven to 375.
  • Bake 10 to 11 minutes, or until edges are browned.
  • Cool completely.
  • Serve.

Notes

Total Time includes chill time. Store cookies in air tight containers. Freeze for up to 3 months.

RECIPE SOURCE: DIETHOOD

pixel Strawberry Cream Cheese Pastries

36 Comments on this article. Feel free to join this conversation.

1. DaphneK April 11, 2014 at 5:42 PM - Reply

Hi Kate…butter…is it unsalted?? Or salted?? I am going to make this tomorrow or the next day, depending on quickly I hear back from ya!! Thanks!! :)

• Katerina Petrovska April 11, 2014 at 5:54 PM - Reply

HI! :) Ooooh I wanna make a batch, too! Use unsalted butter… I should get in the habit of indicating that in my recipes, huh? ;-)

2. shirley westhafer April 5, 2014 at 12:15 PM - Reply

These are awesome, been looking for this recipe for a lomng time. tanks for posting, keep up the great work!

3. shirley westhafer April 5, 2014 at 12:14 PM - Reply

THESE ARE AWESOME, BEEN LOOKING FOR THIS RECIPE FOR A LONG TIME, THANKS SO MUCH FOR POSTING, KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!

4. Lily's Lady February 24, 2014 at 8:32 AM - Reply

These sound very much like the klatchkes from my childhood in an eastern European neighborhood. Lovely!

5. Jennie @themessybakerblog January 27, 2014 at 3:08 PM - Reply

These look wonderful. I love the combo of strawberry and cream cheese. Yum!

6. Kirsten January 27, 2014 at 1:15 PM - Reply

I think it’s awesome that you’re sharing Macedonian recipes–rock on!

7. Laura Dembowski January 26, 2014 at 7:33 AM - Reply

These are absolutely perfect for Valentine’s Day! They look amazing! I wouldn’t mind ten myself :)

8. Kim Beaulieu January 25, 2014 at 9:59 PM - Reply

Dude, seriously, I wished you lived next door to me. You’re killing me with all your deliciousness woman. These are beautiful.

9. Ramona January 25, 2014 at 4:01 PM - Reply

Wow.. these are really beautiful. : ) I bet they tasted amazing too.

10. Crystal January 24, 2014 at 5:11 PM - Reply

These are so pretty and would be perfect for Valentine’s Day. They look so delicious! Thanks for the recipe!

11. Trish - Mom On Timeout January 23, 2014 at 8:44 PM - Reply

These are just beautiful Kate! I am totally going to try making them – I know my boys would go crazy for these! Pinned!

12. Caroline Hurley January 23, 2014 at 7:22 PM - Reply

Aren’t our grandma’s recipes the best? As soon as I saw these they reminded me of MY grandma’s! These are beautiful and I agree…they are perfect for Valentine’s Day! Pinning now!

13. Rose January 23, 2014 at 3:30 PM - Reply

Great pastry Kate!

14. Zainab @ Blahnik Baker January 23, 2014 at 3:25 PM - Reply

These are incredibly beautiful and I can tell going to be addictive!! And of course they can pass for Valentine’s Day! They are Red!!

15. Laura (Tutti Dolci) January 23, 2014 at 2:34 PM - Reply

These are gorgeous, love the cream cheese in the pastry and the filling. Please send me a dozen! :)

16. Jocelyn (Grandbaby Cakes) January 23, 2014 at 12:08 PM - Reply

These are so cute! They are like little love purses! Love!

17. cecil sanchez January 23, 2014 at 9:00 AM - Reply

i will surely do these on week end.. thanks for sharing kate!

18. Emily @ Life on Food January 22, 2014 at 7:48 PM - Reply

These are so pretty! I would hate to have one, but then again, they sound delicious I probably would have a nibble or two.

19. Medeja January 22, 2014 at 4:59 PM - Reply

I guess I would also end up having 10..100.. of these cookies :)))

20. Valerie January 22, 2014 at 1:22 PM - Reply

I love cream cheese-based dough! The last time I used it was in a rugelah recipe years ago.

This looks irresistible! I can see why it’s dangerous to leave around.

21. Nancy P.@thebittersideofsweet January 22, 2014 at 12:38 PM - Reply

Amazing! These are just fabulous! And pastries never last long in my house!

22. Angie@Angie's Recipes January 22, 2014 at 12:26 PM - Reply

These cheese pastries look so beautiful!

23. Meagan January 22, 2014 at 12:16 PM - Reply

These pastries from your neck of the woods are GORGEOUS!

24. Jamie January 22, 2014 at 11:50 AM - Reply

These are wonderful! Like danish pastries but easier… and I’ll bet they are so good! Gorgeous!

25. Anna @ Crunchy Creamy Sweet January 22, 2014 at 10:05 AM - Reply

These are adorable, Kate!! Pinning these beauties!!