PicMonkey Collage Pomegranate Mimosas and The Top Ten Recipes of 2012
Everyone says it and I must repeat it – time flies!

2013?! What? Really!?!

I am stuck somewhere between 1998 and 2002:

• I’m still bumpin’ to Enrique Iglesias’s Bailamos.
  • I often click over to check my MySpace profile.
  • I’m still sippin’ on gin and juice. Oh, wait, that was before 1998.

And, just for clarification, I don’t care what year that birth certificate says, I am 23.

Sigh… Have a drink. It’s on me.

champagne 701x1024 Pomegranate Mimosas and The Top Ten Recipes of 2012

The title of this post should probably read The Top Ten of the last quarter of 2012 because I returned to my blog sometime in August after almost a year-long absence, and I have been posting regularly ever since.

I only recently sat down to look at these stats and found out that you fine people out there really like brownies! And cheese, and soups, and the slow cooker… I think that tells me in what direction I should go with this blog; I should definitely keep Savory Sundays, I need to amp up my chocolate intake, and I should add feta cheese to everything. And Pomegranate Mimosas to go with it all. ;-D

____________________________________________________________________________________

These are my most viewed recipes of 2012, starting with Number 10 and working our way down to Number 1:

french onion 1 titled1 682x1024 Pomegranate Mimosas and The Top Ten Recipes of 2012

#10. Slow Cooker French Onion Soup

mashed potatoes title 682x1024 Pomegranate Mimosas and The Top Ten Recipes of 2012

#9. Slow Cooker Country Style Garlic Mashed Potatoes

white hot chocolate 3edited titled 682x1024 Pomegranate Mimosas and The Top Ten Recipes of 2012

#8. Spiked Pumpkin Pie White Hot Chocolate

Spinach Gratin 682x1024 Pomegranate Mimosas and The Top Ten Recipes of 2012

#7. Spinach, Feta, and Potato Gratin
peppermint 4 682x1024 Pomegranate Mimosas and The Top Ten Recipes of 2012
#6. Peppermint White Chocolate Mocha Latte

Holiday Nutella Bites @diethood 778x1024 Pomegranate Mimosas and The Top Ten Recipes of 2012

#5. Holiday Nutella Bites

cinnamon play Pomegranate Mimosas and The Top Ten Recipes of 2012

#4. Cinnamon Roll Sugar Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting

IMG 13201edited Pomegranate Mimosas and The Top Ten Recipes of 2012

#3. Mojito Doughnuts

Crescent Rolls Pear Tart with Goat Cheese Walnuts and Honey @diethood titled 682x1024 Pomegranate Mimosas and The Top Ten Recipes of 2012

#2. Crescent Rolls Pear Tart with Goat Cheese, Walnuts, and Honey

brownies 682x1024 Pomegranate Mimosas and The Top Ten Recipes of 2012

#1. Rocky Road Fudge Brownies

In closing, I would just like to thank you from the bottom of my heart. Thank you for your loyalty, for your friendship, for your support. Warmest thoughts, best wishes, and a very blessed and happy new year to you.
CHEERS!

Pomegranate Mimosas

Yield: Serves 8

mimosas Pomegranate Mimosas and The Top Ten Recipes of 2012

• 1/2 cup Pomegranate seeds
  • 3 cups Pomegranate Juice, chilled
  • 1 bottle (750 mL) Champagne, chilled

• In a large pitcher, combine the pomegranate seeds and the juice.
  • Slowly pour in the champagne and stir.
  • Serve chilled.

pixel Pomegranate Mimosas and The Top Ten Recipes of 2012

15 Comments on this article. Feel free to join this conversation.

1. Terra Baltosiewich (@CafeTerraBlog) January 5, 2013 at 11:02 PM - Reply

I am so with you, my year went by in a flash before my eyes. We are all so lucky to have you back, you make such gorgeous, delicious treats!! Happy happy New Year my sweet friend, Hugs, Terra

2. mjskit January 2, 2013 at 9:26 PM - Reply

Talk about time flies – you should be my age! :) Oh I remember most of these posts! Love them all!!!! Going to need a pomegranate mimosa to go along with that pear tart. Happy New Year Darlin!

3. Nancy R January 1, 2013 at 4:58 AM - Reply

Wow! I’ll take all top 10 items now please :)
    Love the Mojito Doughnuts. Makes me want to dive into the picture and eat them NOW.

Happy New Year Kate!

4. Kristy December 31, 2012 at 7:35 PM - Reply

Happy New Year Kate! I made pomosas last year – they are fantastic! :) Here’s to a great 2013. Time does certainly fly.

5. Laura (Tutti Dolci) December 31, 2012 at 5:45 PM - Reply

A pomegranate mimosa is my kind of drink, just beautiful! Happy New Year, Kate! :)

6. EA-The Spicy RD December 31, 2012 at 4:25 PM - Reply

I absolutely can not pick just one of these delicious dishes, although I must agree with you that, yes, feta pretty much does go with everything. So glad you came back to blogging after your hiatus & I wish you a most marvelous New Year :-)

7. Stacy December 31, 2012 at 2:17 PM - Reply

Kate, what a wonderful round up of recipes and I just adore Pom Mimosas! Actually, nearly all kinds of mimosas, LOL! Best wishes to you and your family for a very HAPPY, HEALTHY & PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR!

8. Cynthia L. December 31, 2012 at 1:41 PM - Reply

I think all of these look great. I love the crockpot onion soup. Found your site from Food Blogger Friends!

9. Wendy @ AMFT December 31, 2012 at 1:30 PM - Reply

I will take two of the mimosa’s while I drool over your top 10 list!

10. Sommer@ASpicyPerspective December 31, 2012 at 10:31 AM - Reply

I’m still swooning over those donuts….

11. Valerie December 31, 2012 at 10:21 AM - Reply

May I have several servings from each recipe, please? I’ll need something to enjoy whilst updating my MySpace background. (So glad I’m not the only one!) ;)

Happy New Year, Kate!!

12. Katrina @ In Katrina's Kitchen December 31, 2012 at 8:28 AM - Reply

Cheers! Happy New Year

13. Ramona December 31, 2012 at 6:53 AM - Reply

Happy New Year! I totally agree with you… I’m still somewhere in the mid 90′s myself. I’m still “jamm’in” to the 80′s… I don’t even know what they play these days. Yes… I am officially an old fart. :) My husband tries to stay more current and “hip” when it comes to music and I’m always saying… “turn that off”.

Loved your year of food… your gorgeous photography and getting to know you. I’ll raise a glass of Pomegranate Mimosa to you and say “Happy New Year!”

Have a blessed year my friend. :)