This Peppermint White Chocolate Mocha Latte recipe is easy to make and the perfect way to start your morning. It’s a homemade mocha latte that tastes even better than store bought!
I Love Drinking Mocha Lattes In The Morning
What is the best thing about Fall? Fall coffee drinks!
What is the best thing about Winter? Winter coffee drinks!
I am a coffee addict. IF my morning ever starts out without a cup, don’t talk to me. And I will risk being late to anything *anything!* just so I can have that last drop of coffee.
Doctor told me to cut down on caffeine while I was pregnant last year. That sucked. I limited myself to one cup in the morning. But the strong kind. Turkish Coffee. One cup and you’re good to go for a few hours.
What happens after the few hours? You find a way to make your own Decaf gourmet coffee just so you can enjoy that coffee taste.
These Peppermint White Chocolate Mocha Lattes Are A Staple
I loaded up on these Peppermint White Chocolate Mocha Lattes while I was pregnant. I mean looooaded. I would make one every day at around 3 pm. Decaf. And Skinny. I was already bursting at the seems, so I opted for a lighter version.
When I first set out to make one I of course went to Google, but I didn’t like what turned up; Peppermint extract. What? Where do you get peppermint extract? It took me 2 years to find lemon extract! No, I don’t live in BFE, but seems like vanilla extract is the only thing we are extracting out here.
So the next best thing? I bought some crushed peppermint and hoped that it would melt in the steamy hot milk! It worked!
If you ask me, and I’m not biased at all, I think my Peppermint White Chocolate Mocha Latte rocks! I’m having one right now as we speak. Errrr, write! read!
And I just saved you 4 bucks. You’re welcome! 😀
Peppermint White Chocolate Mocha Latte
- 1/2 cup strong brewed hot coffee or a shot of espresso
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips , chopped
- 3 tablespoons crushed peppermint (or crush some candy canes)
- Whipped Cream (optional)
- Brew strong hot coffee and pour 1/2 cup into your mug; set aside.
- Pour the milk in a safe microwavable cup or glass.
- Add in the chopped chocolate and the peppermint.
- Stir and cook in microwave for one minute, or until the milk foams towards the top; watch it closely so it doesn't spill over.
- Take out the cup and stir, making sure all the chocolate has melted.
- Put back in the microwave for 20 to 25 seconds, or until foamy.
- Pour the milk mixture over the brewed coffee.
- Garnish with whipped cream.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.