Or Donuts? Let’s debate! Just kidding.
But, I have a question.
Ever run to the kitchen so enthusiastically to make something and then you end up forgetting an ingredient, or a step … or three?! I’m not gonna say who or what, but don’t forget the baking powder, and grease your baking pans, people! Or you run the risk of ending up with a crumbly, sticky doughnut errrrr cake.
Also, if you’re going to bake with alcohol and do a shot at the same time – just to see if it’s any good – keep on with it. The minutes will get better and better. 😀
Soooo, who is going to a Labor Day Party. Or BBQ?
What are you bringing?
How about some Boozy Doughnuts? Or a Raspberry & Lime Soda Lemonade?
Oh oh … how about an Orzo Salad with Pears and Gorgonzola?!?
Tell you what. I’ll share all three recipes with you this week, and you can pick one of those to bring to the party. Or bring all three. You’ll be popular.
I whipped up these mojito doughnuts for my husband and my dad. They Love Mojitos. And Soccer. If Real Madrid wins, my dad makes the Mojitos. If Barca (Barcelona) wins, my husband makes the Mojitos. The day I made these doughnuts, Real Madrid lost. To heal my husband’s wound, I made him boozy doughnuts.
He was healed. That’s the power of food.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon rum
- 1 whole egg
- 3 tablespoons butter , softened
- For the Glaze:
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon dried mint
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a small saucepan bring together the milk, rum, egg, and butter.
- Cook over medium-heat, stirring constantly with a whisk until the butter melts, about one to two minutes.
- Remove from heat and add the milk mixture into the flour mixture; mix until combined.
- Grease a doughnut pan with cooking spray.
- Using a large tablespoon, spoon the doughnut mixture into the pan.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove and immediately invert the pan onto a cooling rack.
- While the doughnuts are cooling, begin to work on the glaze.
- Place the milk, lime juice, and powdered sugar in a small saucepan and cook over medium-heat, stirring constantly just until combined and no lumps appear.
- Remove from heat and set the saucepan over a bowl filled with hot water.
- Stir in the dried mint.
- Dip the doughnuts into the glaze, one at a time, and set on a rack, glaze side up. Put a baking sheet underneath the rack because some of that glaze will drip off.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.
20 comments on “Mojito Doughnuts”
I just saw these on Pinterest while scrolling really fast…then quickly backed up just to see these beautiful donuts…but once I read Mojito…you had me! Mojitos are my favorite mixed drink and well, who doesn’t LOVE donuts! I cannot wait to make these!
If you love mojitos and doughnuts, these should make it to a kitchen near you asap!! 😉
Oooh, those sound awesome!
Oh I bet you (and your recipe) will be popular with these mojito donuts! Everyone would say “what, mojito?” 😀 What a wonderful flavor! I think I’ll forget everything if these donuts are in front of me. So beautiful and sounds heavenly!
Mojito donuts sounds so creative and fun and that glaze is just begging to be licked off 🙂
Could you come to my house and make these for me? I’d love you forever!
On my way!! 😉
Boozy sweet treats are my favorite, so you totally have my attention! I love the frosting with the flecks of mint, so much fun! Sending Hugs, Terra
LOL, yes, I forget ingredients all the time! Can’t tell you how many return trips to the grocery store I do on a regular basis 😉 Store’s not too far away, so it’s all good. Your doughnuts look marvelous! I’ve never made them homemade before and LOVE mojitos…think I’ll make a batch of both!
Boozy doughnuts! I love them!!!!! These would be the hit of any party. And, oh, how I remember the pump and dump! How is preschool going?
Boozy donuts! Yes, this is a fantastic idea…for breakfast, or dessert. Or all day long at a BBQ!
I love mojitos, my favorite summer drink. I can only imagine how good your mojito doughnuts must taste. They look great. Congrats on Tasty Kitchen!
you had me at mojito! Heh. but seriously what a fun twist, kate! It surely makes for a great weekend treat. 🙂
Holy yum! Can this be my breakfast everyday?!
You bet! I’ll join you! 🙂
I think I could put up with my team losing if I had one (or six) of those. They look amazing and you’ve chosen one of my favorite drinks!
I love mojitos so I know these donuts would be dangerous. They look fantastic, Kate:)xx
They look great, I want one right now!! Yummy!!
What a fun flavor twist for donuts!!!
I’m already drunk with love for these. 🙂 They look fabulous!!