This post is sponsored by STAR Fine Foods, maker of awesome Olive Oils, Vinegars, glazes, capers, anchovies, onions, and the list goes ON and ON! Thank YOU, friends, for supporting the brands that make Diethood possible!
Sesame Soy Pineapple Chicken Kabobs – The sweet and tart sesame-soy marinade is the perfect accompaniment to these incredibly delicious pineapple and chicken kabobs!
Chicken kabobs… you sneaky little things, YOU! Sometimes you present yourselves as skewers, other times you let your friends, Fruit and Veg, join you, and then I get to thread all of you up in a pattern! EEEEK!
Oh my! Where are my manners?! I was all caught up in these kabobs that I forgot to say HELLO!
Hi Hey, friends! Happy Wednesday! How are YOU? Hope all is well. The kids, the family – hope you’re all enjoying the beginning of Summer!
We just survived the monsoon that passed through Northwest Indiana this past weekend, and I’m just happy to finally be dry. It was the worst downpour I have ever seen. Rain, high winds, floods, hail… all within minutes! Thank God that’s done.
So now here we are watching Access Hollywood and prepping for the weekend with our grilling recipes. Around here we start to think about the weekends on Tuesday night. And I already have plans for Saturday. 🙂
This version of grilling-perfection comes in the form of chicken kabobs and sesame-soy marinade.
This was the year I fell in love with Asian flavors. I’ve always loved ’em, but not nearly as much as I should have. Currently, my mouth is watering up as I get ready to write about rice vinegar and soy sauce and sesame oil… all found in this amazing recipe.
The flavors in this thing just rocked my world. Apart from the marinade, we’re talking pineapple and chicken, as ONE! Remember that one time we made the Hawaiian Baked Chicken?? SO GOOD, right?!? Loved it! Well, this is sort of like that, but not really. This is much more flavorful and dare I say, a little bit better. Just a bit! It’s all so darn good, the perfect combination of sweet, vinegary, salty, and yummy.
What I’m getting to is that these chicken kabobs are crying for your attention. They want to be made and devoured A.S.A.P.!
If you want, you can also wait until dad’s day, which is like around the corner, OR you can make the kabobs now, trial run and such, and then again for Father’s Day. Sounds like the perfect plan to me!
STAR Extra Virgin Olive Oil is available at retailers nationwide including Walmart, Safeway, Kroger, Vons, Albertsons, Food 4 Less, Save Mart, Target, Schnucks, Food Lion, Stater Bros., Raley’s, Smart & Final, Bashas, King Soopers, Vallarta, Jewel, Smith’s, Dierbergs, HEB and Ralphs and online by clicking HERE.
- 4 (1-pound) skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 18 to 24 thick pineapple chunks (I used a fresh pineapple)
- 1 to 2 red or orange bell peppers , cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons Star Rice Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Star Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- Preheat outdoor gas grill.
- Alternately thread cubed chicken pieces, pineapple, and peppers on eight 6-inch skewers; set aside.
- In a small bowl combine vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, soy sauce, sesame oil and water; whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Remove 1/4 cup of the sesame-soy marinade and set the rest aside.
- Brush the 1/4-cup marinade over kabobs.
- Reduce the heat on the gas grill to a medium.
- Place kabobs on grill rack, directly over heat.
- Cover and grill for 12 to 14 minutes, or until chicken is tender and cooked through, turning once halfway through grilling.
- Remove kabobs from grill and transfer to a serving plate.
- Shake the reserved dressing and drizzle over kabobs or serve on the side.
Soak wooden skewers for 15 to 20 minutes in water before using.
Store any remaining marinade in the fridge for up to a week.
WW SmartPoints: 4
Craving more? Sign up for the DIETHOOD Newsletter for fresh new content delivered to your inbox!
Follow Diethood on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest recipes and updates.