Hi! Heeeeeyyyyy!! Happy Sunday!!!
You know what?
I am covered in sawdust, plaster, chalk paint, and ketchup.
I sometimes wish there was a camera stuck to my forehead so that it could record some of my America’s Funniest Home Videos life-moments. I would make millions!
So far this weekend I have bumped my daughter’s head into the car door trying to save a sandwich. Yah, I know… I risked my daughter’s life for a sandwich. I felt so bad, but at the same time I couldn’t stop laughing! You had to be there.
Then, if that wasn’t enough, I went over to the house we’re working on to check on the crew. I walked in, screamed HELLO and moments later I tripped over this crazy-long paint brush. The paint brush then went flying backwards and now there’s a pink stripe on the freshly painted grey wall. :-/
They kicked me out. I’m not allowed to return for a few days…
Wanna know somethin’ else? I love summer! There are countless reasons why I love it, but the one thing that stands out the most is the food. I’m a sucker for summer food. Foods like Lemon Blueberry Ice Cream, and cold spritzers, and kabobs, and grilled burgers make me wanna dance!
Bikinis and shorts not so much. Ahem. Just letting you know now. Don’t want you to think I didn’t come to your pool party because of some other reason. I mean… unless you want me to come with food and all… then we can work out a deal. I’ll bring these Honey-Mustard Teriyaki Chicken and Peach Kabobs – I’ll just nibble on a few of them while you keep on swimmin’.
The kabobs! Oh mah gah! SO GOOD! Really, really good. The peaches seriously rock! Also, the chicken. MMM! I marinated that chicken for quite some time and I am glad I did because the flavor could not be better. My husband, the one that’s iffy on Asian flavors, LOVED these. Suddenly, he’s a fan. Remember the Cashew Chicken Meatballs? That’s when he started coming around. About time!
I say give these Kabobs a try today. It’s Sunday. You need to be pampered. And these are a great way to start.
Honey-Mustard Teriyaki Chicken and Peach Kabobs
For the Marinade
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 lemon , juiced
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 garlic clove , minced
- 1 pound boneless chicken breasts , cleaned, cut into bite-size cubes
For the Kabobs
- 2 peaches , washed, cut into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 1 small zucchini , cut into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 1 red bell pepper , cut into 2-inch cubes
- 1 onion , sliced into 2-inch cubes
- 8 bamboo skewers
- Combine marinade ingredients in a mixing bowl and whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Set aside 1/2-cup of the marinade and pour the rest of the marinade into a large resealable plastic bag.
- Add chicken to the bag, turning to coat.
- Zip it closed and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat grill.
- Thread the chicken, peaches, and the rest of the ingredients onto the skewers.
- Place the kabobs on the grill over direct medium-heat.
- Cook for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the chicken is no longer pink, turning occasionally and brushing with the reserved marinade.
WW SmartPoints: 14