Pan Seared Salmon with Lemon Garlic Cream Sauce is a quick salmon recipe prepared in one skillet and ready in 20 minutes! Served with an incredible lemon garlic cream sauce, this is one seriously good salmon dinner idea.
Looking for more pan seared salmon recipes? Try this creamy pan seared salmon with tomatoes!
CRISPY PAN SEARED SALMON FILLETS
Crispy salmon fillets swimming in a creamy, lemony, garlicky sauce… can I get an AMEN?!
Okay, a high-five will do. 😀
This is definitely a cross between my Pan-Seared Salmon with Tomatoes and Spinach AND my Creamy Lemon Chicken with Asparagus. YUM!
I have to tell you that this Lemon Cream Sauce Salmon is one recipe that we go back to again and again. To be honest, pan-seared salmon with any type of lemon sauce is possibly our favorite way to enjoy fish. Pan-seared is also my favorite way to cook it, especially when I’m pressed for time.
Easy fish recipes, that come together fast are perfect for a weeknight dinner. This simple salmon recipe has few ingredients, but tastes absolutely delicious!
Searing salmon fillets in a skillet gives the fish a slightly charred exterior and also helps make the skin extra crispy.
HOW TO MAKE THIS PAN SEARED SALMON RECIPE:
Season salmon fillets and cook, skin-side down, first; flip and continue to cook until done.
- In the meantime, prepare the sauce by whisking together the half & half, flour, lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic and seasonings.
- Remove fillets from skillet; return skillet to heat and add butter; whisk in the prepared sauce and return salmon fillets to the skillet.
- Cook for a couple more minutes, remove from heat, and serve.
This particular pan seared salmon recipe is a restaurant worthy dish, and you can make it at home in just 20-ish minutes. Perfectly cooked fish, moist and flaky with silky, creamy lemon and GARLIC sauce. Need I say more? Just make it for dinner tonight and let me know what you think, m’kay?
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE THESE SALMON RECIPES:
- Brown Sugar Glazed Salmon Recipe
- Creamy Garlic Dijon Salmon
- Panko-Crusted Salmon with Tuscan Tomato Sauce
- Salmon Tacos with Mango Avocado Salsa
- Ginger Glazed Salmon with Asparagus and Brussels Sprouts
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #diethood on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured!
TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS USED IN THIS RECIPE
WATCH HOW TO MAKE PAN SEARED SALMON WITH LEMON GARLIC CREAM SAUCE
Pan Seared Salmon with Lemon Garlic Cream Sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 (4-ounces each) skin-on salmon fillets, room temperature
- salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup fat free half & half (you can also use low fat evaporated milk)
- 1/2 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- zest and juice from 1 whole lemon
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- lemon slices for garnish
- fresh chopped parsley for garnish
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season salmon fillets with salt and pepper and transfer to the skillet, skin-side down, cooking 3 fillets at a time.
- Cook for 6 minutes, or until cooked about three quarters of the way through. Do not move the fish around; just let it cook.
- Using a spatula, flip the salmon fillets over and cook for 2 more minutes; remove from skillet and set aside.
- Repeat with the rest of the fillets and set all aside.
- In the meantime, combine half & half, flour, cheese, lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, dill, thyme, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl; whisk until thoroughly incorporated.
- Add butter to skillet and melt over medium heat.
- Add the prepared sauce to the skillet and bring to a boil; lower heat to a simmer.
- Place previously prepared salmon fillets back in the skillet.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until salmon is heated through.
- Remove skillet from heat.
- Spoon sauce over salmon.
- Garnish with lemon slices and parsley.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.
70 comments on “Pan Seared Salmon with Lemon Garlic Cream Sauce”
The sauce never got thick and was water. Tried to fix it 2 times and it was all watery.
I‘m not familiar with the expression „1 cup fat free half & half“. What‘s behind it?
“Half and Half” is half cream and half milk mixed together. It also comes in fat-free.
Loved this recipe! My salmon didn’t have skin so it was a quick meal which I love. Thank you!
I am very glad you enjoyed it! Thank YOU! 🙂
Absolutely delicious. I used whipping cream because I didn’t have half and half. I will make this again!!
That’s great! I’m very glad you enjoyed it! Thank YOU! 🙂
I’ve made this 3x’s! A staple for salmon recipes, 100%. I would recommend buying scottish or norwegian salmon. Pretty sure they aren’t farm raised but don’t quote me (dads advice). Xoxo
That’s great to hear! I’m very glad you enjoyed it! Thank YOU! 🙂
Oh my deliciousness! Run don’t walk to the store for ingredients to make this dish. So easy and so satisfying. I threw in some fresh spinach since it needed to be eaten. The combination of the lemon, garlic and dill make the sauce so heavenly!
Thank you so much! I am very glad you enjoyed it! 🙂