A quick & delicious salmon dinner prepared in just one skillet and served with an incredible lemon garlic cream sauce! All you need is about 20 minutes and a handful of ingredients.
Crispy salmon fillets swimming in a creamy, lemony, garlicky sauce… can I get an AMEN?!
Okay, a high-five will do. 😀
I have to tell you that this Lemon Cream Sauce Salmon is one recipe that we go back to again and again. To be honest, pan-seared salmon with any type of lemon sauce is possibly our favorite way to enjoy fish. Pan-seared is also my favorite way to cook it, especially when I’m pressed for time.
Easy fish recipes, that come together fast are perfect for a weeknight dinner. This simple salmon recipe has few ingredients, but tastes absolutely delicious!
Searing salmon fillets in a skillet gives the fish a slightly charred exterior and also helps make the skin extra crispy.
HOW TO MAKE PAN SEARED SALMON WITH LEMON GARLIC CREAM SAUCE
Gather up your ingredients, first;
- skin-on salmon fillets
- olive oil
- half & half
- parmesan cheese
- lemon juice and lemon zest
- Season salmon fillets and cook, skin-side down, first; flip and continue to cook until done.
- In the meantime, prepare the sauce by whisking together the half & half, flour, lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic and seasonings.
- Remove fillets from skillet; return skillet to heat and add butter; whisk in the prepared sauce and return salmon fillets to the skillet.
- Cook for a couple more minutes, remove from heat, and serve.
This particular pan seared salmon recipe is a restaurant worthy dish, and you can make it at home in just 20-ish minutes. Perfectly cooked fish, moist and flaky with silky, creamy lemon and GARLIC sauce. Need I say more? Just make it for dinner tonight and let me know what you think, m’kay?
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE THESE SALMON RECIPES:
- Brown Sugar Glazed Salmon Recipe
- Panko-Crusted Salmon with Tuscan Tomato Sauce
- Salmon Tacos with Mango Avocado Salsa
- Ginger Glazed Salmon with Asparagus and Brussels Sprouts
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS USED IN THIS RECIPE
WATCH HOW TO MAKE PAN SEARED SALMON WITH LEMON GARLIC CREAM SAUCE
Quick, delicious, bright and creamy salmon dinner prepared in just one skillet and served with an incredible lemon garlic cream sauce! All you need is about 20 minutes and a handful of ingredients.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 (4-ounces each) skin-on salmon fillets, room temperature
- salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup fat free half & half (you can also use low fat evaporated milk)
- 1/2 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- zest and juice from 1 whole lemon
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- lemon slices for garnish
- fresh chopped parsley for garnish
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season salmon fillets with salt and pepper and transfer to the skillet, skin-side down, cooking 3 fillets at a time.
- Cook for 6 minutes, or until cooked about three quarters of the way through. Do not move the fish around; just let it cook.
- Using a spatula, flip the salmon fillets over and cook for 2 more minutes; remove from skillet and set aside.
- Repeat with the rest of the fillets and set all aside.
- In the meantime, combine half & half, flour, cheese, lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, dill, thyme, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl; whisk until thoroughly incorporated.
- Add butter to skillet and melt over medium heat.
- Add the prepared sauce to the skillet and bring to a boil; lower heat to a simmer.
Place previously prepared salmon fillets back in the skillet.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until salmon is heated through.
- Remove skillet from heat.
- Spoon sauce over salmon.
Garnish with lemon slices and parsley.
WW FREESTYLE POINTS: 4
I’M IN THE MOOD FOR…
- Has Eggs
- Is Healthy
- Is Make Ahead
- Is Simple
- Is a Smoothie
- Is Kid Friendly
- Is Light
- Is Quick
- Is Perfect for Work
- Are Cheesy
- Are Dips or Spreads
- Are Healthy
- Are Perfect for Parties
- Are Simple
- Has Beef
- Has Chicken
- Uses an Instant Pot
- Is Quick
- Has Seafood
- Uses a Slow Cooker
- Is Vegetarian
- Have Alcohol
- Are Crowd Pleasers
- Are Fruity
- Are Kid Friendly
- Are Seasonal
- Is Chocolatey
- Is Festive
- Is Frozen
- Is Easy