If you’re looking for a delicious chocolate dessert to make this summer, you’ll love this mocha latte frozen yogurt. Creamy, rich, and full of deep mocha flavors, it’s like having your favorite drink in a frozen treat!
Our mocha latte frozen yogurt combines my two all time favorite flavors into one decadent chocolate dessert. Can we say HEAVENLY?! One bite and you’ll know exactly what you’ve been missing.
Why You’ll Love This Mocha Latte Frozen Yogurt
- Creamy and Rich. This homemade frozen yogurt has a smooth and decadent texture, thanks to the heavy cream and yogurt. It’s like eating a scoop of ice cream, but with a tangy twist.
- Full of Flavor. The combination of cocoa powder, espresso powder, and vanilla gives this frozen yogurt a deep and complex flavor. It’s like a mocha latte in frozen form.
- Easy to Make. If you have an ice cream maker, this frozen yogurt recipe couldn’t be easier! All you need is a mixer, a bowl, and a little bit of time to let the machine do its magic.
- Perfect for Any Occasion. Whether you want a refreshing treat on a hot day, a cozy dessert on a cold night, or a fun snack for a party, this frozen yogurt is a great choice. You can serve it plain, or top it with whipped cream, chocolate shavings, or nuts.
What You’ll Need
- For the Yogurt: Skim milk, brown sugar, cocoa powder, espresso powder, plain yogurt, heavy cream, and vanilla extract.
How to Make Frozen Yogurt
- Combine. Add the milk, sugar, cocoa powder, and espresso powder in a bowl with a mixer. Mix it for at least 2 minutes.
- Stir. Stir in the yogurt, cream, and vanilla and continue to mix until completely combined.
- Ice Cream Maker. Turn on the ice cream maker, pour in the mixture, and let it churn for 30 minutes.
- Chill. Transfer the frozen yogurt to an airtight container and freeze it for at least 2 hours.
- Use Good Quality Ingredients. With so few ingredients, the flavor of your homemade frozen yogurt depends on the quality of ingredients you use. Choose a plain yogurt that is thick and creamy, and a cocoa powder that is rich and dark. You can also use a high-quality instant espresso powder, or grind your own coffee beans for a fresher taste.
- Adjust the Sweetness. The amount of sugar you need may vary depending on the sweetness of your yogurt and your personal preference. I recommend tasting the mixture before churning to decide if more sugar if needed. You can also use honey, maple syrup, or agave nectar as natural sweeteners instead.
- Freeze the Ice Cream Maker Bowl in Advance. To ensure that your mocha latte frozen yogurt freezes properly, make sure that the ice cream maker bowl is completely frozen before using it. It’s best to freeze it overnight, or at least for several hours. You can also keep it in the freezer when not in use, so it’s always ready to go.
How to Serve Mocha Latte Frozen Yogurt
Mocha latte frozen yogurt is delicious on its own, but you can make it even more fun and festive by adding some toppings. Here are some ideas for fun toppings that go well with the mocha latte flavor:
- Whipped Cream and Chocolate Shavings. This classic combo adds some extra creaminess and sweetness to your frozen yogurt. You can use milk chocolate, dark chocolate, or white chocolate shavings for different effects.
- Caramel Sauce and Chopped Nuts. I love the rich caramel flavor with the coffee notes in this frozen yogurt. And you can use any nuts you like for great texture.
- Fresh Berries and Mint Leaves. This topping adds incredible brightness and color to your homemade frozen yogurt. The mint especially gives the dessert a refreshing touch and is a really lovely contrast to the chocolate and coffee flavors.
You can also go all out and serve your frozen yogurt with other summertime desserts. This kind of dessert bar can be really fun for parties and potlucks. Try making a table with options like banana frozen yogurt, frozen yogurt bark, or root beer floats!
- Refrigerate: Do not refrigerate! Doing so will cause your frozen yogurt to melt and lose its texture.
- Freeze: The best way to store your frozen yogurt is to freeze it an airtight container. I also recommend adding a piece of parchment paper or plastic wrap directly before closing the lid. This will create a nice barrier between the mocha latte frozen yogurt and the air to prevent freezer burn. Be sure to enjoy this awesome chocolate dessert within a week for the best experience.
More Easy Chocolate Desserts
- Skillet Chocolate Banana Bread
- Salted Pistachio Dark Chocolate Truffles
- Boozy Hazelnut Chocolate Souffle
Mocha Latte Frozen Yogurt
- 1 cup Skim Milk (You can also use 2% or Whole Milk)
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso powder (or any other instant coffee powder)
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- Combine milk, sugar, cocoa powder, and espresso powder in a medium bowl and mix with a mixer for 2 minutes.
- Stir in yogurt, heavy cream, and vanilla; continue to mix until thoroughly combined.
- Turn on the ice cream maker.
- Pour the mixture into the ice cream maker and churn for 30 minutes.
- Transfer the ice cream to an airtight container and freeze it for 2 hours or until it reaches desired consistency.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.
Shared with Tidy Mom’s I’m Lovin’ It