My life is in order. It is. It’s very orderly.
I wake up in the morning and have my 2 cups of coffee. I put on my sunday’s best dress and see my husband off to work. Then, moments later, the kids wake up and dance their way toward me. I can almost hear an orchestra guiding their way. No cries, no screams – they are just happy to see my face. I seat them at the table, and with a Ginger Rogers-esque step, I serve them breakfast…
Now… um… how do I put it. Shall I say, PSYCHE! Take all of what I said and believe just the opposite.
My kids start screaming waaaaaay before I am ready to get out of bed. 6:00 am. Are you serious!? I worked up until 1:00 am… I want to sleep!
Sunday’s best?! Pssssht! Do yoga pants define sunday’s best?
Seeing my husband off to work?! HA! That went out the door the day we had kids.
Dear June Cleaver,
Thanks for making me believe you were real. Love ya!
Let’s talk about real things. Like a Mocha Latte Frozen Yogurt! Can we say HEAVENLY! These are my two all time faves in one; coffee and ice cream. Loves it!
Loves it a bit more because I saved us a few calories with this recipe. I figure, dieting for a few days right before we are all ready to hit the beach won’t hurt us, right? So, say no to custard and yes to yogurt! We also need to tame it down a bit after those Black Forest Brownies. (SO GOOD!)
Do you have an ice cream machine? I hope so! But, if you don’t, here David Lebovitz shows you how to do it without one.
Go gather your espresso, yogurt, milk, and cocoa… and be warned; do not, I repeat, DO NOT eat this before going to bed. Unless you want to be up all night. Cleaning. And such. It happened to a friend of mine… we don’t mention names around here. 😉
I am also sharing this recipe over at Kim’s place, A Night Owl Blog.
Mocha Latte Frozen Yogurt
- 1 cup Skim Milk (You can also use 2% or Whole Milk)
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso powder (or any other instant coffee powder)
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- Combine milk, sugar, cocoa powder, and espresso powder in a medium bowl and mix with a mixer for 2 minutes.
- Stir in yogurt, heavy cream, and vanilla; continue to mix until thoroughly combined.
- Turn on the ice cream maker.
- Pour the mixture into the ice cream maker and churn for 30 minutes.
- Transfer the ice cream to an airtight container and freeze it for 2 hours or until it reaches desired consistency.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.
Shared with Tidy Mom’s I’m Lovin’ It