Lighter Caramel-Cheesecake Stuffed Baked Apples – Baked Apples stuffed with a lightened-up caramel cheesecake mixture and sprinkled with nuts. These are so delicious!!
I adore baked apples and it’s not a secret. I have already made 3 trips to the Apple Orchard just this month. I made an Apple Pie CAKE twice this week; I also worked on that Apple Bacon Salad, some caramel dipped apples, as well, and now THIS – Lighter Caramel-Cheesecake Stuffed Baked Apples. Hallelujah!
I think you’re really going to like this, friends. One of my most happy memories year after year involves me stuffing my face with my mom’s baked apples that were stuffed with raisins, nuts and oats. Yes, truly amazing! Buuuut I’m thinking anything stuffed with cheesecake, including baked apples, kind of wins. Right? RIGHT.
EVEN better when all that goodness is lightened up and made with Zing™ Baking Blend.
Zing™ Baking Blend is made with stevia and pure cane sugar, and has only 5 calories per serving. It gives a sweet taste and is made from real ingredients, nothing artificial. It bakes and browns like sugar so you can make all your favorite sweets with fewer calories.
Thus, in line with our low calorie foods, let’s break down this deliciousness before us;
5 small apples = 320 calories
6-ounces fat free cream cheese = 180 calories
1 tablespoon caramel sauce/topping = 50 calories
1 medium egg = 70 calories
¼ cup Zing™ Baking Blend = 120 calories
1 serving = 1 apple = 148 calories. Music to my ears!
GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
Lighter Caramel-Cheesecake Stuffed Baked Apples
- 5 small apples , cored and scooped out (do not cut all the way through)
- 6- ounces fat free cream cheese , room temperature
- 1 tablespoon caramel topping
- 1 medium egg
- 1/4- cup Zing™ Baking Blend
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1 teaspoon caramel for drizzling over the baked apples (optional)
- chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Lightly grease a baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
- Place cream cheese, caramel topping, egg, Zing™ Baking Blend, and apple pie spice in your mixer's bowl; beat until smooth and creamy, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Fill each of the apples 2/3-full with the cheesecake mixture. DO NOT fill to the top.
- Transfer prepared apples to previously prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 22 to 25 minutes, or until cheesecake is set.
- Remove from oven and let completely cool.
- Transfer apples to a serving plate and if desired, top with caramel sauce and chopped nuts.