Lemon Pepper Chicken – Tender and delicious seared chicken breasts coated with a coconut flour and lemon pepper seasoning, and finished off with a simple garlic butter sauce. It’s incredibly simple, made with pantry staples and is ready in just under 30 minutes!
Lemon Pepper Chicken, in short, is THE ideal meal for a busy weeknight because it only takes about 25 minutes to make. SO flavorful and juicy, this simple chicken recipe requires just a handful of ingredients, one skillet, and a hungry bunch.
You know I am all about those easy chicken recipes. When I need something quick, there are a few that I have as my go-to’s, including Oven Baked Chicken Breasts, Baked Crack Chicken Breasts, Creamy Lemon Parmesan Chicken, and today’s Lemon Pepper Chicken.
WHAT IS LEMON PEPPER CHICKEN
Lemon Pepper Chicken is pan fried chicken breasts dredged in coconut flour with lemon pepper seasoning, then served in a lemon and butter sauce with a hint of garlic.
This is a low carb, Keto-friendly delicious meal that has become a regular on our weeknight dinner menu. It’s a quick, very easy, and an inexpensive dish that everyone enjoys.
HOW TO MAKE LEMON PEPPER CHICKEN
- Prepare a mixture of coconut flour plus lemon-pepper seasoning in a shallow dish; set aside.
- Cut chicken breasts in half to create 2 thinner breasts from one chicken breast. You should have a total of 8 chicken pieces that are around a 1/4-inch-thick.
- Set a large skillet over medium-high heat with oil.
- Toss chicken breasts in the lemon pepper mixture and add chicken to the hot oil; cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until cooked through. Cook time depends on the size of the chicken breasts. Also, depending on the size of your skillet, you may have to fry chicken in batches.
Remove chicken from skillet and set aside on a plate.
- Return skillet to heat; add butter and garlic, then deglaze pan with chicken broth.
- Stir in lemon juice and bring to a boil.
- Let cook for about 3 minutes, or until sauce has reduced and slightly thickened.
- Add remaining butter and let melt through.
- Return chicken to skillet and cook for 1 minute, or until heated through.
- Remove from heat and serve with sauce.
Crispy and golden on the outside, tender and juicy on the inside, this easy chicken breasts recipe will soon become a staple at your house!
Serve over a salad, pasta, zucchini noodles, veggies, or anything else you can think of. It’s delicious! 😋
HOW TO STORE LEFTOVER CHICKEN
Store leftovers in an airtight container and keep in the fridge for 3 to 4 days.
MORE STOVE TOP CHICKEN BREASTS RECIPES
- Creamy Garlic Sauce Chicken
- Chicken Breasts with Creamed Spinach Sauce
- Stove Top Chicken Breasts
- Creamy Lemon Chicken Piccata
TOOLS USED IN THIS RECIPE
Tender and delicious seared chicken breasts coated with a coconut flour and lemon pepper seasoning, and finished off with a simple garlic butter sauce.
- 4 pieces (1 pound, total) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
- lemon slices, for garnish
- Place chicken breasts on a cutting board and, using a chef’s knife, cut the chicken breasts in half, crosswise. You should have a total of 8 chicken pieces that are around a 1/4-inch-thick.
- In a shallow plate combine coconut flour, lemon pepper seasoning, lemon zest, and salt.
- Toss chicken breasts in the flour mixture until coated on both sides.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Add chicken breasts to the hot oil in a single layer, and cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until cooked through. Depending on the size of the skillet, you may have to cook chicken in batches. Cooking time will also depend on the size of the chicken breasts.
Remove cooked chicken from skillet and set aside on a plate.
- Add 1 tablespoon butter to the skillet and minced garlic; cook for 30 seconds.
- Carefully pour in chicken broth and stir, scraping up the browned bits from the bottom of the skillet.
- Stir in lemon juice and continue to cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until sauce has slightly reduced.
Add remaining butter and let melt through.
- Put chicken back into the skillet and cook for 1 minute, or until heated through.
- Remove from heat.
- Garnish with parsley and lemon slices; serve.
- WW FREESTYLE POINTS: 6
- NET CARBS: 4 grams
- Store leftovers in an airtight container and keep in the fridge for 3 to 4 days.