Gluten Free Salted Peanut Butter Cookies – Made with just a few ingredients, these Peanut Butter Cookies are fudgy, sweet & salty, gluten free and naturally sweetened!
Hello, World!! It’s Friday! Make some noise!!
That was a bit obnoxious, eh? Saying “Hello” to THE world. That’s like saying that the whole world is reading ME…
Aaaand, why isn’t it??
Althooooough, according to Mr. Google’s Analytics, I see 1 girl from Johannesburg and 2 boys from Russia dialing in.
Um. Dialing in? What is this? 1992??
Speaking of 1992. I HATED Peanut Butter back in 1992. It took me like 16.4 years to finally give in. I was more about the Erokrem, known better as Nutella around these parts.
While everyone was carrying around PB&J sammiches in their lunch boxes, I was whippin’ out a Macedonian-style sandwich as big as my head slathered with Erokrem. Best.Lunches.Ever. Thanks, Mom! ♥
Then, a few years later, something happened. Actually, college happened. College was about being forever broke and eating cheap. Cheap, as in scrambled eggs for lunch AND dinner, and Peanut Butter for dessert. The times that I DID have some money laying around (how does money just lay around?), I spent it on partying. Err. I mean notebooks!
You should also know that I learned how to make cookies in college. Cookies on the cheap. A.K.A. Betty Crocker’s Cookie-Mix.
Buuuut, I really WISH I had known about this Gluten-Free-deal way back then. I would have saved my thighs a few rubs and some carbs here and there, know what I mean?
Anyway. Peanut Butter Cookies remind me of College. So… yeah.
Now that I’m a grown-up (ewwwww! I hate admitting that!), and can make cookies from scratch, I try to include Peanut Butter whenever and wherever I can.
Looking through my arsenal, I was inspired to make these cookies after seeing the Samoa Peanut Butter Bars that I made few months back. (Slurrrrp….) Followed up by a few searches, this is what I came up with.
Made with just 3 ingredients, maybe 5, these Peanut Butter Cookies are sweet, salty, gluten free and sugar free. BUT NOT taste-free! That’s what we’re looking for, right? It’s all about the taste, dang it!
With so few ingredients, every step in this recipe is important. YES it is. Cookies are temperaMENTAL. Got that? SO, don’t skip over the chillin’ part and then call me to tell me that the cookies didn’t work out, m’kay?? 😉
Go, have the greatest weekend ever and make them cookies!
Gluten Free Salted Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter (I use Smucker's Natural Creamy Peanut Butter)
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- You can also use 3 tablespoons of just honey or just molasses.
- sea salt or table salt , for sprinkling
- In a small mixing bowl, combine peanut butter, egg, honey and molasses; whisk until completely incorporated and smooth.
- Place bowl in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; place in freezer for 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Remove peanut butter mixture from fridge and baking sheet from freezer.
- Shape peanut butter mixture into 1-inch balls.
- Place peanut butter balls on previously prepared baking sheet.
- Slightly flatten each ball with a fork, making a cross pattern on the cookies.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Bake for 8 to 9 minutes, or until slightly browned on the bottom.
- Remove from oven; let stand on baking sheet for two minutes.
- Transfer to wire racks and let cool completely.