Chocolate Pumpkin Peanut Butter Cups – Mini Chocolate Cups filled with a delicious, sweet, spicy mixture of Peanut Butter and Pumpkin.
Pumpkinpalooza continues… YESSSS!
I’m about to tell you a little somethin’… It’s rather moving. Not really.
Judging by a few scans of other people’s pantries, I can almost guarantee that a regular, rather normal household, buys a can or two of pumpkin puree. Right? Also, and because I was nosy and kept on scanning, a normal household buys one or two bags of chocolate chips at a time, if that.
Wanna know how MANY I buy at a time?
You guys… I have about 6 or 7 bags of chocolate chips in the pantry, a couple of bags in one of my cupboards and a few more bags in a drawer.
If there’s a sale on chocolate chips, I’m not buying 3 or 4 bags… No, no, no (shakin’ my head)… I am buying at least 12, if not 15. Remember, I cook and bake for a living. And hobby-ing(?).
Can you guess how many cans of pumpkin I have? I couldn’t tell you. I’m just going to say a lot. I also have jars upon jars of Peanut Butter. Again, if it’s on sale, I’m stocking up! I just want to make sure that when an idea clicks, or when I feel inspired, all my needed ingredients will be within arm’s reach.
One of my favorite fast and easy snacks to make are these Peanut Butter Cups. They come together in a snap and they are awesome! I didn’t grow up on the chocolate/peanut butter snack thingamajig. In fact, I didn’t even like PB until I went to college. It was then that I started to warm up to it and by the end of my 4th year, I was scooping it from the jar and straight into my trap, with my bare hands. Come to think of it, I still do that… when noone is watching.
I’m gonna tell you what I told her; go to your pantry, whip out your chocolate chips, peanut butter and pumpkin puree, and let’s do this! You are about to eat THE BEST chocolate & peanut butter cups, EVER!
Chocolate Pumpkin Peanut Butter Cups
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 4 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons unsalted roasted peanuts , chopped
- Line a 12-cup mini muffin pan with paper liners; set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine chocolate chips and vegetable oil.
- Microwave for 1 minute; stir and continue to microwave for 1 minute longer, stirring halfway through.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together peanut butter, pumpkin puree and both sugars.
- Add cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice and vanilla; whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Using a spoon or pastry brush, gently brush prepared paper liners on the bottom and up the sides with melted chocolate.
- Place in freezer for 10 minutes or until hardened.
- Dividing evenly, spoon peanut butter pumpkin mixture into chocolate cups and cover with remaining melted chocolate.
- Sprinkle tops with chopped peanuts.
- Freeze for 15 minutes.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.