Chocolate Pumpkin Peanut Butter Cups – Mini Chocolate Cups filled with a delicious, sweet, spicy mixture of Peanut Butter and Pumpkin.
Pumpkinpalooza continues… YESSSS!
I’m about to tell you a little somethin’… It’s rather moving. Not really.
Judging by a few scans of other people’s pantries, I can almost guarantee that a regular, rather normal household, buys a can or two of pumpkin puree. Right? Also, and because I was nosy and kept on scanning, a normal household buys one or two bags of chocolate chips at a time, if that.
Wanna know how MANY I buy at a time?
You guys… I have about 6 or 7 bags of chocolate chips in the pantry, a couple of bags in one of my cupboards and a few more bags in a drawer.
If there’s a sale on chocolate chips, I’m not buying 3 or 4 bags… No, no, no (shakin’ my head)… I am buying at least 12, if not 15. Remember, I cook and bake for a living. And hobby-ing(?).
Can you guess how many cans of pumpkin I have? I couldn’t tell you. I’m just going to say a lot. I also have jars upon jars of Peanut Butter. Again, if it’s on sale, I’m stocking up! I just want to make sure that when an idea clicks, or when I feel inspired, all my needed ingredients will be within arm’s reach.
One of my favorite fast and easy snacks to make are these Peanut Butter Cups. They come together in a snap and they are awesome! I didn’t grow up on the chocolate/peanut butter snack thingamajig. In fact, I didn’t even like PB until I went to college. It was then that I started to warm up to it and by the end of my 4th year, I was scooping it from the jar and straight into my trap, with my bare hands. Come to think of it, I still do that… when noone is watching.
I’m gonna tell you what I told her; go to your pantry, whip out your chocolate chips, peanut butter and pumpkin puree, and let’s do this! You are about to eat THE BEST chocolate & peanut butter cups, EVER!
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 4 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons unsalted roasted peanuts , chopped
- Line a 12-cup mini muffin pan with paper liners; set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine chocolate chips and vegetable oil.
- Microwave for 1 minute; stir and continue to microwave for 1 minute longer, stirring halfway through.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together peanut butter, pumpkin puree and both sugars.
- Add cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice and vanilla; whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Using a spoon or pastry brush, gently brush prepared paper liners on the bottom and up the sides with melted chocolate.
- Place in freezer for 10 minutes or until hardened.
- Dividing evenly, spoon peanut butter pumpkin mixture into chocolate cups and cover with remaining melted chocolate.
- Sprinkle tops with chopped peanuts.
- Freeze for 15 minutes.
- Refrigerate leftovers.