Devil’s Food Cupcakes with Chocolate Frosting are a one-bowl, fluffy and rich chocolate cupcake recipe that’s made with sour cream and topped with a delicious, homemade chocolate frosting. Chocolate lovers will LOVE this recipe!
Devil’s Food Cupcakes with Chocolate Frosting
Totally predictable and certainly expected. I mean, what else do food-loving people talk about the day after Super Bowl-Food?
Valentine’s Day-Food, of course!
Also? It’s Monday and cupcakes make Mondays waaaay easier to deal with.
These Easy Chocolate Cupcakes Will Make Everyone Happy
Hey, pals!! How was last night?!? Did your team win?!? I hope so!!
BUT if they didn’t, just look at it this way; unless it was your son, husband, brother, nephew, grandson? (…am I missing a role?) You shouldn’t care. Fo’ reals. They make millions of bucks, and you, the fan, just loses nerves and sleep. And your health. AND a bet.
Cupcakes, anyone? They’re stress relievers.
You’ll Love How Fluffy And Rich These Cupcakes Are
I live with a tall, dark and handsome chocoholic. I’ve mentioned this fact on a few occasions. However, his choco-addiction completely works out in my favor.
For instance, those SJP shoes? I bought ’em, he FUH-REAKED out at the price, I made him chocolate cupcakes, he forgot about my shoes. Sweet victory.
I need you to know that these. are. YUMMY. I made them with sour cream! Do you know what that means? Tender. Rich. Fluffy… (I’m trying reaaaallllyyy hard not to say “MOIST”!)
I ate 2 cupcakes as soon as I spread that chocolate frosting on top. After a loooong session on the treadmill, I had 1 more. The third one I had was without the frosting… balance.
Homemade Chocolate Cupcakes Are Better For You
And speaking of… you should know that a standard, bakery chocolate cupcake can be around 500 calories! Yes, their cupcakes are bigger, but only about 1/4 bigger than homemade cupcakes.
On the other hand, THESE deviled little cupcakes are only 135 calories per serving. INCLUDING the chocolate frosting. SO… you make the choice.
I also cannot keep my face more than one inch away from these beauties.
And there’s only one left.
Eating. It. Now.
Craving more? Sign up for the DIETHOOD Newsletter for a fresh serving of content delivered to your inbox! Follow Diethood on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest recipes and updates.
Devil's Food Cupcakes with Chocolate Frosting
- 3/4- cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2- cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened good quality cocoa powder (I use Ghirardelli)
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons butter , softened
- 1/2- cup sour cream
- 1/2- cup semisweet chocolate chips , chopped
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar or superfine sugar
- 2/3- cup sour cream
- chocolate shavings
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners and set aside.
- In your mixer's bowl combine flour, baking soda, brown sugar, cocoa, eggs and butter.
- Using your mixer fitted with a whisk, beat ingredients together until smooth.
- Using a spoon, fold in the sour cream until combined. Do not overmix.
- Spoon the batter into previously prepared cupcake liners.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cupcake comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let stand in pan for 5 minutes.
- Remove from pans and transfer the cupcakes to cooling racks.
- In the meantime prepare the Chocolate Frosting.
- Set up a double boiler by setting a glass bowl over a pan of simmering water.
- Add chopped chocolate chips to the glass bowl and heat until melted, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and let stand 2 minutes.
- Whisk in sugar and sour cream; whisk until combined.
- Spread frosting over the cooled cupcakes and let set in the refrigerator before serving.
- Top with chocolate shavings and serve.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.