Delicious, homemade Chocolate Cupcakes filled and topped with an incredible Cinnamon Cheesecake Frosting!
Finally, a cupcake recipe! Finally…
But, I feel like I’m back on track and can finally post recipes I have stashed away for Fall Baking. I’m also thinking that the calendar and I are beginning to get along, again.
Dear Calendars, let’s be friends, please! I swear I know how to read you and follow you… It’s just those little people in my house kind of squeeze all the organizational juice out of me…
So, what is the big deal about these cupcakes?
I mean, they just happened to rock my world when my face met up with them, but other than that, nothing.
One other thing. My daughter, Ana, also made A cupcake just for you and there it is, in all of its pink glory… On a paper plate that she just had to have. It was her photo prop.
This photo above looks like a monster-thing, doesn’t it?!
Who cares! Look at all that cheesecakey goodness in there!
In case you didn’t notice the cinnamon cheesecake frosting, lemme tell you all about it. I think those three words, OH.MY.WORRRRRRD. sum it up. I’m also infatuated with the creaminess of the actual cheesecake mixture. I’m not a cake girl. Well, I am, but there better be a ton of creamy frosting on top of it, in it, and on the sides… it’s the only way I’ll take a cake.
I also love the Chocolate and Cinnamon flavor combination! Remember the Chocolate Cinnamon Rolls?!
It’s because of those rolls that I made these Chocolate Cinnamon Cheesecake Cupcake recipe. I just had to work the flavor combo into one more thing!
I know I say this all the time, but you have to believe me; these cupcakes are aaaaamaaaaazing! I wanted to eat all of them! Not sure where I get this self control from, but THANK THE LAWWWWD I have it because, lemme tell ya, a crane would not be able to lift me if I didn’t have self control.
Why does food gotta make you gain weight and all… it’s SO GOOD! Not fair!
I am convinced that these cupcakes are one of the best I have ever tasted. It’s all in the frosting. It’s freakin’ grrrrrrrreat! And the chocolate cupcake is good, too! It’s chocolate. It has to be good! Unless you don’t like chocolate… can’t help you there, buddy.
If you are not ready to say “no” to the third cupcake, next time half this recipe and make 6 or 7 cupcakes so that you don’t attack all 12. That’s what I do.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 tablespoons (1-1/2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese,
- 1 stick butter , softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line a 12-cup cupcake pan with paper liners; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, using an electric mixer, cream together butter and sugar until smooth.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well before adding the next.
- Add vanilla and continue to beat until well combined.
- Set your mixer on the lowest setting and add flour mixture in batches, alternating with yogurt and beginning and ending with flour.
- Pour batter into prepared cups, filling each 3/4 full.
- Bake for 22 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 5 minutes; transfer cupcakes to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, beat together cream cheese and butter until smooth.
- Set ,mixer on low and add powdered sugar and cinnamon; continue beating until mixture is smooth.
- Add vanilla; continue to mix until thoroughly combined.
- When the cupcakes are cool, take a cupcake corer, set it in the center of the cupcake and gently twist into the cupcake, about half-way through and take it out.
- Attach a star tip to your pastry bag.
- Fill the pastry bag with prepared frosting.
- Insert the tip of the pastry bag inside the hole that you previously emptied and fill it.
- Continue to frost the top of the cupcakes and decorate with mini chocolate chips.
WW SmartPoints: 14
Originally shared on A Night Owl Blog.
I’M IN THE MOOD FOR…
- Has Eggs
- Is Healthy
- Is Make Ahead
- Is Simple
- Is a Smoothie
- Is Kid Friendly
- Is Light
- Is Quick
- Is Perfect for Work
- Are Cheesy
- Are Dips or Spreads
- Are Healthy
- Are Perfect for Parties
- Are Simple
- Has Beef
- Has Chicken
- Uses an Instant Pot
- Is Quick
- Has Seafood
- Uses a Slow Cooker
- Is Vegetarian
- Have Alcohol
- Are Crowd Pleasers
- Are Fruity
- Are Kid Friendly
- Are Seasonal
- Is Chocolatey
- Is Festive
- Is Frozen
- Is Easy