Cream Cheese-Filled Coffee Cake – With a rich cream cheese icing and a delicious cream cheese filling, this is your coffee’s new best friend!
Hey, there, friends! Hello, there, Monday! How goes it?
I should just let you know right now that I’m still trying to roll out of bed for you. Er! Did I say that out loud?
But, I’m feeling good. My house is clean. Our grass is cut. I took a shower. And there’s an 80% chance of rain today…
That calls for cancelling our Apple Orchard visit – waaaaaaah! – and opening up a bottle of wine, which will help me tune out the crying kids once I break the news about not picking apples today. WAAAAAAH!
I’m also going to try really hard not to turn on the News – I’m a news junkie – but I just don’t wanna hear another peep about Ebola. I already cancelled our winter break trip – there is no way I am getting on a plane before they have this thing sorted out. I think I’m cool with just hanging out here in Indiana. I’ve never loved this landlocked State more than I do right now. We see no tourists, we hear no tourists… rock on corn-state, rock on!
Did I just spoil our Coffee Cake moment?! Scratch all the Ebola talk and let’s eat this loveliness until your heart’s content.
Coffee + Cake = Life. Yeah. That’s what we need. Coffee and Cake – it’s the cure for all things gone wrong.
I know I just posted about Coffee Cake not too long ago, but who can really help it? It’s Fall! Y’all!! ( I LOVE saying “y’all”! :-))
I am no stranger to coffee cakes, obvi, and I do make one every week. I don’ share all of them because it’s always pretty much the same cake recipe with a different flavor, but this one had to be shared. I couldn’t hold onto it. Guilt took over me. It’s just too good… too good…
There’s cream cheese in it, there’s cream cheese on top of it. But, like, really awesome and sweet cream cheese. I can’t.even.handle.it.
Then the pecans on top are truly the best-est accessory. Crunchy, sweet, buttery… and it makes it look all Christmas-y! Oh, how I love thee!!
I suggest you shut off your computer, leave Facebook alone, and go make THIS. Don’t even wait for the weekend. Don’t even wait another hour! For the LOVE of CAKE, AND COFFEE or TEA, just DO IT!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons butter , softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Pecan halves , for garnish
- 1 block (8-ounces) 1/3 Less Fat Cream Cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/2- cup sugar
- 1/4- cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese , at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoon water , plus extra, as needed
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Grease a 9-inch bundt cake pan with butter and sprinkle with flour; shake off any excess.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and lemon zest. Set aside.
- In your mixer's bowl, cream together butter and sugar; beat until creamy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in yogurt and vanilla and continue to mix until thoroughly combined.
- Keeping mixer on low, slowly add flour mixture and continue to mix until well incorporated.
- Pour half of the cake batter in the prepared cake pan and using an offset spatula, spread the batter evenly and smooth it out. Set aside.
- Prepare the Cream Cheese Filling by combining all ingredients in your mixer's bowl; beat until smooth and thoroughly combined.
- Drop the Filling by the spoonfuls over the cake batter.
- Top with the remaining of cake batter, and using an offset spatula, spread the batter evenly and smooth it out.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool 10 minutes in bundt pan.
- Carefully invert cake onto a cooling rack and let cool 30 minutes before icing the cake.
- In your mixer's bowl, combine the powdered sugar, heavy cream, cream cheese, water, and vanilla; beat until smooth, adding more water if needed, until the icing is spreadable.
- Spread the icing over the cake and allow to set for 20 minutes.
- Add pecans on top of cake.
- Slice and Serve.
MORE AUTUMN-ish CAKES!
Fig and Lemon Cake – INCREDIBLE!!
Pear Cake with Lemon Glaze – SO GOOD!!