These Cranberry Brie Puff Pastry Pinwheels are one of my favorite holiday appetizers! Sweet, buttery, and flaky puff pastry rolled up with brie cheese, dried cranberries, nuts, and a drizzle of honey, then baked into perfectly crisp pinwheels.
AN EASY PARTY APPETIZER / DESSERT / SNACK!
With New Year’s Eve quickly approaching, I wanted to share my go-to dessert slash appetizer slash snack that I go back to over, and over, again, each and every Holiday season.
Just like my Cranberry and Walnut Pinwheels, this treat is gonna knock your pinwheels lovin’ socks off.
CRANBERRY BRIE PUFF PASTRY PINWHEELS
Cranberry Brie Pinwheels are real easy to make, and dessert doesn’t get much better than these sweet and savory confections. This recipe has simple ingredients that yield a tasty, flaky, cheesy snack paired with bursts of tart cranberries and sweet honey.
HOW TO MAKE CRANBERRY BRIE PUFF PASTRY PINWHEELS
Requiring very little effort and time, they start with store-bought puff pastry, soft brie cheese, dried cranberries, nuts, and honey.
- First, you want to thaw out the puff pastry. Then, roll it out and brush it with melted butter.
- Next, cut up the brie cheese into small cubes and arrange over the puff pastry. (I also recommend removing the rind from the cheese)
- Sprinkle dried cranberries and chopped nuts over the cheese, and add a drizzle of honey.
- Roll up the pastry as tight as you can.
- Brush melted butter over the entire log, and using a sharp knife, cut it into 12 pinwheels.
- Transfer to a lined baking sheet and bake for around 20-ish minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and pastry is a golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let sit on baking sheet for a couple minutes before serving.
The pinwheels are great for prepping a day or two in advance, and then just pop them in the oven around 30 minutes before you’re ready to serve them.
The final result is simple, beautiful, and delicious appetizer that is perfect for New Year’s Eve. Add a dusting of powdered sugar and dig in!
Perfect for parties and get togethers, the flaky puff pastry, creamy melted Brie and tart cranberries offer the perfect mix of sweet and savory.
HOW TO STORE PUFF PASTRY PINWHEELS
- You can keep the Pinwheels at room temperature for 2 days, or place them in airtight containers and store in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- To freeze, arrange the pinwheels on a baking sheet, then place in the freezer until completely frozen. Store pinwheels in freezer bags and keep in the freezer for up to 1 month.
MORE PUFF PASTRY DESSERTS
TOOLS USED IN THIS RECIPE
Cranberry Brie Puff Pastry Pinwheels
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 4 ounces Brie cheese, rind mostly removed and cheese diced
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons honey
- powdered sugar, for dusting (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375˚F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Unroll the puff pastry on a clean work surface and brush with about a tablespoon of melted butter.
- Add the diced brie, cranberries, and nuts evenly over the pastry.
- Drizzle honey over cheese, cranberries, and nuts.
- Starting at the long end, roll the pastry up as tightly as possible.
- Brush the roll with remaining melted butter.
- Using a sharp knife, cut into 12 pinwheels.
- Transfer pinwheels to previously prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 18 to 22 minutes, or until cheese is melted and pastry is golden.
- Remove from oven and let stand couple minutes.
- Transfer to a serving plate.
- Dust with powdered sugar and serve warm.
WW FREESTYLE POINTS: 8
TO MAKE AHEAD:
- Prepare through step 8.
- Place pinwheels on a parchment lined baking sheet. Cover and keep in the fridge for up to 2 days.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven and bake pinwheels as directed.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.