These Cranberry Brie Puff Pastry Pinwheels are one of my favorite holiday appetizers! Sweet, buttery, and flaky puff pastry rolled up with brie cheese, dried cranberries, nuts, and a drizzle of honey, then baked into perfectly crisp pinwheels.
Puff Pastry Pinwheels With Cranberries & Brie
As we eagerly await the Holidays, it’s time to unveil my cherished holiday gem: an appetizer, dessert, and snack all rolled into one delectable pinwheel. If you’ve tried my Cranberry and Walnut Pinwheels, prepare to be equally pleased with this variant. For a standout holiday appetizer, look no further than these Cranberry Brie Puff Pastry Pinwheels. Imagine the delicate layers of flaky puff pastry wrapped around creamy brie, tangy dried cranberries, and crunchy nuts, drizzled with a touch of honey, then baked to crispy, golden perfection. Simplicity reigns supreme with these pinwheels, and they’re easy to make.
Why You’ll Love These Cranberry Brie Puff Pastry Pinwheels
- Festive Flavors: These pinwheels summarize the flavors of winter, blending the creamy richness of brie with the tart zing of cranberries.
- Effortless Elegance: Despite their gourmet appearance, these treats are surprisingly simple to make, perfect for impressing guests without stress.
- Versatile Serving: They can transition from a sophisticated appetizer to a dessert or a mid-party snack.
- Crowd-Pleaser: Simple flavors ensure that these pinwheels will be a hit with guests of all ages and preferences.
- Make-Ahead Magic: Perfect for planners, these pinwheels can be prepped in advance and baked fresh.
How To Make Puff Pastry Pinwheels
Cranberry Brie Pinwheels are real easy to make, and dessert doesn’t get much better than these sweet and savory confections. This recipe has simple ingredients that yield a tasty, flaky, cheesy, and sweet snack. Requiring very little effort and time, they start with store-bought puff pastry, soft brie cheese, dried cranberries, nuts, and honey.
- First, you want to thaw out the puff pastry. Then, roll it out and brush it with melted butter.
- Next, cut up the brie cheese into small cubes and arrange over the puff pastry. I also recommend removing the rind from the cheese.
- Sprinkle dried cranberries and chopped nuts over the cheese, and add a drizzle of honey.
- Roll up the pastry as tight as you can.
- Brush melted butter over the entire log, and using a sharp knife, cut it into 12 pinwheels.
- Transfer the pinwheels to a lined baking sheet and bake for around 20-ish minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly and pastry is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let sit on the baking sheet for a couple of minutes before serving.
Can You Make Pinwheels The Day Before?
Yes, these pinwheels are great for prepping a day or two in advance but keep them refrigerated. Then just pop them in the oven about 30 minutes before you’re ready to serve them.
Tips For Success
- Rind Removal: For a smoother texture in your pinwheels, consider removing the rind from the brie cheese.
- Rolling Technique: To ensure even layers, roll the pastry tightly. This will also help the pinwheels hold their shape while baking.
- Chill First: If you want perfectly shaped pinwheels, consider chilling the rolled log in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes before slicing. This will firm up the butter in the puff pastry, making it easier to cut.
- Even Slicing: Use a sharp knife or even a piece of dental floss to slice the roll into pinwheels.
- Spacing: Don’t overcrowd the baking sheet. Give each pinwheel some space to expand and become crispy.
- Keep an Eye Out: Puff pastry can go from perfectly golden to overdone quickly. Regularly check them towards the end of the baking time.
- Serving Suggestion: Consider serving alongside a cranberry dipping sauce or a spicy mustard to complement the flavors.
How To Store Puff Pastry Pinwheels
- You can keep the Pinwheels at room temperature for 2 days or place them in airtight containers and store in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- To freeze, arrange the pinwheels on a baking sheet, then place in the freezer until completely frozen. Store pinwheels in freezer bags and keep in the freezer for up to 1 month.
More Puff Pastry Recipes
- Raspberry Jam Filled Puff Pastries
- Roasted Berries Tart
- Cranberry Upside Down Puff Pastry Tart
- Pesto Puff Pastry Wreath
- Asparagus Mozzarella Cheese Tart
Cranberry Brie Puff Pastry Pinwheels
- Preheat the oven to 375˚F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Unroll the puff pastry on a clean work surface and brush with about a tablespoon of melted butter.
- Add the diced brie, cranberries, and nuts evenly over the pastry. Drizzle honey over the cheese, cranberries, and nuts.
- Starting at the long end, roll the pastry up as tightly as possible.
- Brush the roll with the remaining melted butter. Using a sharp knife, cut it into 12 pinwheels.
- Transfer the pinwheels to the baking sheet and bake for 18 to 22 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the pastry is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let stand couple minutes.
- Transfer to a serving plate, dust with powdered sugar, and serve warm.
- To Make Ahead: Prepare through step #6. Place the pinwheels on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Cover and keep in the fridge for up to 2 days. When ready to bake, preheat the oven and bake pinwheels as directed.
- Choose Quality: Since you will only use a handful of ingredients, opt for good quality puff pastry and fresh brie.
- Rind Preference: Consider removing the brie rind for a smoother texture.
- Tight Roll: Ensure a tight roll for even layers and better shape.
- Sharp Knife: Use a sharp knife for clean, even slices.
- Chill Before Cutting: Refrigerate the roll for 30 mins for neater slices.
- Avoid Overcrowding: Space out pinwheels on the baking sheet.
- Monitor Baking: Puff pastry can brown quickly, so keep an eye on it.
- Dipping Sauce: Pair with cranberry sauce or spicy mustard.
- Leftovers: Store in an airtight container and keep on the counter for up to 2 days or in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Herb Boost: Add rosemary or thyme for extra flavor.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.