This Roasted Berries Tart, made with puff pastry and fresh berries, is sweet, tart, impressive, and best of all, quick and easy!
Roasted Berries, be still my heart!
But, more importantly, you and I are behind on our BravoTV gossip!!
Umm… GO TEAM PORSHA! Can Nene leave now? And take cray-cray Kenya with her?
Also? Where is the super awesome Lydia and her higher than high Mama?? The OC is lookin’ dull.
One more thing. Million Dollar Listing NY? In the voice of Chandler, could that BE any more fake?!?
Thanks for letting me get all that off my chest. Can I mention that I LOVE the Voice?! Usher’s dimples, Adam’s jawline, Blake’s eyes, Shakira’s hair… I’m lovin’ it all! Yes, yes, the contestants are pretty awesome, too.
Okay. Now we can resume and discuss this loveliness.
I’m looking out for you – this Roasted Berries Tart needs to make it to that weekend menu. Trust.Me.
It’s been a long time since I’ve had a good ole tart Tart around this space. Here, at Diethood headquarters, the boss (that would be ME!) loves tarts, thus we (ME!) make ’em quite often. Sometimes, like today, we get to share them with the internetS.
This is one of those superrrr easy, springy recipes that you can put together in minutes, right before your Mom arrives for a “quick”, 3-hour visit.
This tart is made all the more special because you won’t be rolling out any dough. All you need to do is pick up some puff pastry, beautiful berries, strawberry jam, and some shuga-shuga. You ready to do this? Right on!
ROASTED BERRIES TART
- 1 sheet puff pastry thawed, cut in half
- 2 cups mixed fresh berries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons strawberry jam divided
- powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine berries and sugar in a mixing bowl; lightly stir and let stand 5 minutes.
- Place puff pastry dough on previously prepared baking sheet.
- Cut in half.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of strawberry jam right down the middle of each pastry-sheet.
- Evenly divide berries and arrange over the strawberry jam, down the middle of each pastry-sheet.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove and let stand few minutes.
- Dust with powdered sugar, cut and serve.
***If one side puffs up more than the other during baking, prick the puff pastry with a knife to deflate.
WW SMART POINTS: 4