Before we get into a discussion about tomorrow and all of Cupid’s glory, I have to tell you something. Something really, really cool. You are not going to believe it until you see it. I was featured on Oprah’s website! Yes, ME!!! You don’t believe me?! Follow this link to my Slow Cooker Leek and Potato Soup on Oprah.com.
Whoot! There it is! How cool is that! I am thrilled! Can you tell? ;-D
Okay, let me gain back my composure. Ahem…. Okay. Let’s discuss tomorrow and Chili-Lime Steak.
Tomorrow is Valentine’s Day. Whether you agree with the Holiday, or not, it’s for real and it looks like it’s not going away any time soon.
So. How are you going to share the love? Presents, flowers, dinner? What’s on the menu? I made you steak! Do you like steak??
I’m only looking forward to the red roses. And dinner. Keep the cheap champagne away from me, and allow me to eat all those chocolates in the gift box. By.My.Self.
But, before I attack the chocolates, I am going to inhale this juicy Chili-Lime Steak with Roasted Vegetables! I can hardly wait!
We often buy steak from a butcher. I ask him to cut it here, trim it there, slice it, and he is happy to do it. I, on the other hand, am not too excited about butchering anything. For this particular dish, I had him cut an eye of round steak into thin slices because my Mister is not too crazy about meat, but if we must have it, then he likes it thin and juicy. If he could have it his way, we would be eating spaghetti tomorrow night.
But you can use this chili-lime rub on any cut that you desire. I use it on flank steak, t-bone, sirloin… chicken 🙂 Anything goes. It’s all good with me.
For the roasted vegetables, you can use any root vegetables that your heart desires. I really like roasted carrots and onions. Like, really. They are delicious, and go great with the chili lime steak.
What’s best about this dinner is that it comes together in under one hour. Dare I say, in 30 minutes!
- 1- pound sliced eye of round steak (about 10 slices)
- olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground peppercorns
- 1 lime - you will need both , fresh lime juice and zest of 1 lime
- 2 cups baby carrots , or as much as you like
- 2 yellow onions , cut in half
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and freshly ground peppercorns
- Parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 475.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and lightly grease it with cooking spray.
- Layer the sliced steak on baking sheet and brush with olive oil.
- In a small bowl combine the chili powder, salt, pepper, and lime zest.
- Rub the chili mixture on both sides of steak.
- Squeeze lime juice over steak and let stand 10 to 15 minutes.
- Cook, turning once until medium rare, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- In the meantime prepare the vegetables by tossing them in olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place vegetables on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 475 for 10 to 12 minutes, or until fork tender.
- Garnish steak and vegetables with parsley and serve.
WW SmartPoints: 6