Flavorful and ready-to-bake Pillsbury Grands Biscuits filled with a delicious Chicken taco mixture and shredded cheeses.
How about you slow down a bit. M’kay? Sphanx.
Back to school, back to dance, back to gymnastics, back to soccer… back, back, baaack!!!
You and I discussed this back-to-school schedule not very long ago, and instead of it getting easier, it just keeps getting busier! (That rhymed…ahem.)
After running around from one practice to the next, and then another, by the time we get home, everyone is tired and hungry. I don’t know about your family, but around here, hungry means, give me food NOW! That’s what they (husband and 4-year old) chant as soon as we enter the house. As barbaric as that sounds, it is the truth, my dears. Nobody wants to wait for me to cook for an hour and then finally sit down to eat.
Luckily, when it comes to serving dinner, I am always prepared. Also, lucky for me, I always have a stash (no, seriously, it’s.a.STASH) of Pillsbury Grands! Biscuits in our deep freezer. They are my go-to-pal for things like Caprese Pizza Rolls and Jelly Donut Holes. Apart from the convenience, we are huge fans of the Pillsbury Biscuits because they are very soft and SO flavorful, they taste just as good as any homemade biscuit that I have ever tried.
Working off Pillsbury’s recipe for Easy Taco Melts, I recently made these Chicken Taco Melts for dinner one night and I had to pop open one more Grands! tube because my husband could not get enough of them. We had some chicken dinner the night before and this was the perfect meal to make with the leftovers. As expected, this turned out to be a fantastic dish – rich, spicy, delicious, and filling. What more do you need!
I’ve been inspired by all of the Pillsbury Recipes and we are definitely looking forward to trying the Grands! Grilled Cheese Sandwiches next. And those Grands! Unsloppy Joes!! Don’t they sound amazing? I Love ’em!
Which recipe do you want to try?!
I think you should start with these Chicken Taco Melts. They really were extremely delicious and they only took about 30 minutes to make, from start to finish.
- 1 cooked chicken breast , shredded
- 1 can (14.5-ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1/2 package taco seasoning mix
- 1 can (16.3-ounces) Pillsbury® Grands!® Biscuits
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- sour cream
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Lightly grease a skillet with cooking spray and set over medium heat.
- Add shredded chicken, diced tomatoes and taco seasoning mix.
- Stir and cook until heated through; about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and grease with cooking spray.
- Flatten each biscuit dough with the palm of your hands into a 6-inch disc.
- Spoon 1/3 cup chicken mixture and 1 tablespoon cheese onto center of each disc.
- Fold dough in half over filling; press to seal.
- Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 11 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve with a side of sour cream.