Pumpkin Pie Cinnamon Rolls – Cinnamon Rolls in under one hour made with refrigerated dough, a delicious pumpkin filling, and an incredible pumpkin pie spice cream cheese frosting!
Wanna talk about adult things? Things like picking out hardware for your kitchen cabinets??
Who knew that shopping trip would turn out to be the most indecisive moment of MY LIFE! My gosh! The choices!!
I was so tired of thinking, that, in the end, I decided to hand over that decision to my husband. Which also turned out to be a BIG mistake. What was I thinking? I wasn’t… GAH!
Just don’t get me started on the light fixtures…
Aaaand you know it’s getting pretty bad when your husband knows the difference between shabby chic and country chic…
This new house-thing needs to be done and over with. I’m done playing grown-up! ;-P
Every once in a while a recipe deserves a redo. Of some sorts.
Not very long ago you and I polished off a pan or two of those Chocolate Cinnamon Rolls… remember that?! Amazing, right? Love that stuff!
Well. It wasn’t very long before I tried making those same rolls with “x” amount of other fillings – Apple Pie filling, Peanut Butter and Chocolate filling, etc… Apple Pie didn’t work. It just wasn’t doin’ it for me. Too soggy. Peanut Butter and Chocolate didn’t pass the test, either. It tasted a bit burnt. However, I will have to revisit that one and HOPEFULLY report back to you in a week or two. I might have to take the more traditional route to make those happen.
BUT… wanna know what worked? PUMPKIN! And a delicious pumpkin pie spice cream cheese frosting to go with it. Heavenly!
These rolls happened after one of those long afternoons at Home Depot and Menards. We came home, I whipped up a beautiful pumpkin filling, rolled out the dough, smeared it with butter and pumpkin-deliciousness and popped it in the oven. 30 minutes later we were inhaling these lovelies with a cup of milk on the side.
Pumpkin Pie Cinnamon Rolls
- 2 cans Pillsbury Crescent Rounds
- 4 tablespoons butter , melted
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
For the Frosting
- 4- oz cream cheese , softened
- 1-1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Lightly grease two 8-inch cake pans with non-stick spray; set aside.
- Separate dough into 16 rolls and unroll.
- Brush each piece of dough with melted butter.
- In a small bowl, mix together pumpkin puree, milk, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Evenly divide pumpkin filling and spread over each piece of rolled-out dough.
- Carefully roll up each dough, lightly pinching seams together.
- Arrange the rolls 1 inch apart in the prepared cake pan.
- Bake for 16 to 18 minutes, or until tops are golden brown.
In the meantime prepare the frosting.
- Place cream cheese in your mixer's bowl and cream for 1 minute.
- Gradually add in powdered sugar and continue to beat until well combined.
- Mix in pumpkin pie spice.
- Add vanilla and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Remove pans from oven and immediately brush each roll with frosting.