Pepperoni Chicken Parmesan – Delicious and easy Pepperoni Chicken Parmesan made with panko crumbs, cheese, pepperoni and tomatoes.
Basically… if Chicken and Pepperoni Pizza had a baby, THIS would be IT!
Hey Hey, you guys! It’s chicken loving ME, still here, still going strong. But HEY, at least it’s now 50-degrees out there and I can finally come out of my winter shell!
AND! Daylight Savings 4EVA!!
Please, nobody touch that clock ever again. PLEASE! Let’s just let it be. Let it stay this way. Please… I beg you, government people. OR I’m going to make you come over and put my kids to bed ON TIME every time that we need to do this clock-switcharoo thing. I need my after hours mommy time and they need their sleep. Rant over.
Also. I have a deep and possibly inappropriate love for cheesy pepperoni pizza. It’s so deep that I refuse to eat it, because if I start eating it, there’s no stopping me. I can inhale a large pepperoni pizza pie all by mahself. That’s the truth, boo. I’m baaaaaad.
Therefore, to save a bit on the carbs and to give it a bit of a face lift, I slammed all that pepperoni deliciousness on top of my chicken and, yeah, I ate it.
The complete truth is that I wanted to make pizza, but I was too lazy to make the crust, so my on-the-spot food brain scanned the kitchen and landed on cheese, chicken, pepperoni, panko crumbs and milk. Without a trip to Little Caesars and to the grocery store, my two favorites, pizza and chicken, came together in the most delicious way possible! I owe them one.
It was seriously so good, so warm and so flavorful, it almost felt like sophisticated college food.
Putting dinner together is a juggling act, I know, but all this awesomeness can be done in one skillet.
Oh and… 4 minutes on the stove and 30 minutes in the oven.
Let’s just get it going with chicken and panko crumbs, the rest will follow. M’kay? Cool.
Craving more? Sign up for the DIETHOOD Newsletter for a fresh serving of content delivered to your inbox! Follow Diethood on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest recipes and updates.
- 4 boneless , skinless chicken breasts
- 1/3- cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4- cup panko crumbs
- 2 garlic cloves , finely chopped
- 1/4- cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2- tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 1/4- cup skim milk
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 10 to 12 pepperoni slices
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a ziploc bag combine flour, panko crumbs, garlic, parmesan cheese, italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Pour the skim milk in a bowl.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet.
- Dip chicken pieces in the milk and transfer to the bag with the panko crumb mixture.
- Toss to coat.
- Remove from bag and add chicken to the skillet.
- Cook for 1 to 2 minutes on one side; flip over and continue to cook for 1 more minute or until slightly browned.
- Place skillet in the oven and bake for 10 minutes; flip over chicken and continue to bake for 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven; place mozzarella cheese slices over each chicken piece, top with pepperoni slices and halved tomatoes.
- Place back in the oven and bake for 7 to 8 more minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and let stand couple minutes.
WW SmartPoints: 9