This is a sponsored post, however all opinions are 100% my own.
Simple, festive and delicious Cookie Balls made with Oreos, cream cheese, raspberry chocolate and peppermint.
People. The time has come. The time when we all get to eat pretty food! And most of the time that pretty food involves chocolate and cookies!!
But, do we wanna talk about the fact that I consumed about half of these Oreo Cookie Balls before I even dipped them in chocolate?
For reals. I need to stop doing that.
The whole process looked like that Ethel and Lucy working in the factory episode, except that I was Lucy and my daughter, Ana, was my partner in food-crime. We are not sure how any of these amazing cookie balls even ended up in a photo.
I have been making these Oreo Cheesecake Pops for my Ana since the first time she asked for an Oreo. In fact, one of her very first words was “Oreo”. I even have it all documented right here on zee bloggy.
For that reason, when OREO contacted me about adding a twist on the basic recipe, I happily accepted! Any excuse to make more of these dangerously delicious treats!
You know that I love no-bake desserts, especially those made with Oreos and cream cheese. If you’ve been following Diethood for some time, you definitely have noticed that I like to use those two ingredients a bit much. It’s a safe combination because it is always delicious and purrrrrdy!
Ana and I rolled up our sleeves for this recipe and decided to try out a few things before we settled on the Peppermint Raspberry Chocolate Oreo Cookie Balls. There was a peanut butter and chocolate batch, a mint oreo Rudolph batch (that one was in the kid’s mouth before I could even consider taking a photo of it…), and our last batch was the one that you see here. We didn’t do too much twisting to the recipe – I eliminated the peppermint that goes inside the cookie, put more peppermint on the outside of the cookie, and added a raspberry flavored chocolate coating. Ta!Da!
Seriously?! SO GOOD!
Seriously, seriously?! I WISH I had some more!!
Eat up and don’t forget the milk!
Peppermint Raspberry Chocolate OREO Cookie Balls
- 3 candy canes , chopped
- 1 package (8-ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 36 OREO Cookies , finely crushed
- 2 packages (10-ounces each) Dark Cocoa Raspberry Candy Melts, melted
- Line two cookie sheets with wax paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine cream cheese and cookie crumbs; mix with spoon until well blended.
- Shape cookie-dough into 1-inch balls and place on prepared cookie sheets.
- Freeze for 10 to 15 minutes, or until firm.
- Dip the cookie balls in melted chocolate.
- Place each cookie ball in a single layer in previously prepared cookie sheets.
- Sprinkle with crushed candy.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour, or until firm.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.