Frosted Marshmallow Popcorn Balls – Held together with a mixture of melted marshmallows and butter, and dipped in Frosting, these Marshmallow Popcorn Balls make great treats for kids, especially around Halloween!
Heck – they make great treats for adults, too!
Be honest, you want some!
YELL-O! ⬅ My dad’s greeting. That’s like hello but it’s just a cooler way to say it.
It’s just another way to say hello, you knowww?
Glad we cleared that up…
I just ate a couple of these. Five minutes ago. So good. Also? It’s Monday and it’s back to bloggy-time!
Also Also? Halloween!! It’s less than two weeks away. Are you going out? Are you trick-or-treating with the kids? Painting the town red? Pimping out your favorite Ninja Turtle?
I’m going to a Halloween party with adults next weekend, and allowing my inner 1980s-Madonna entertain them all, Coyote Ugly-style. Oh yeah…
But the weekend after, I will be with the kids, stealing all their Twix bars and Kit-Kats. Just kidding!
Sadly I’m nowhere near kidding because Twix were the reason for my “Freshman-15”. And a few beers… but let’s not make every post about me, eh? Coo.
While we wait for the big day, I once again put on my fun-Mom hat and made these Frosted Marshmallow Popcorn Balls for my 1st grader’s classroom Halloween party.
Do you remember those Peanut Butter Marshmallow Popcorn Bars we made like, years ago? Okay, you don’t remember… it’s coo.
Working off that idea, today’s creation be the hybrid love child of rice krispy treats and a frosted cake, minus the cake part, but Frosting included. (am I a good writer or what?! )
My sweet friend, Courtney from Sweet C’s Designs, taught me this cool trick with store-bought Frosting, and it couldn’t have come at a better time. All you do is melt the frosting in the microwave for like 30 seconds and TADA! You have perfect pourable, or in this case, dippable frosting! Isn’t that amazing?
So that settles it. You are going to make these popcorn balls and invite me for dessert.
Also? You can secretly make them at midnight tonight and never tell a soul because you ate ’em all. I know someone that did that and they lived happily ever after…
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
Frosted Marshmallow Popcorn Balls
- 8 cups popped popcorn
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 tub (16-ounces) Cake Frosting (I used Betty Crocker)
- popsicle sticks , tree branches, etc...
- Line baking sheets with wax paper and set aside.
- Pop the popcorn.
- Place the popped popcorn in a large buttered bowl. Set aside.
- Combine 4 tablespoons butter and salt in saucepan and melt.
- Add half of the marshmallows to the butter mixture and stir until they melt.
- Stir in the rest of the marshmallows; continue to stir until they melt.
- Pour the marshmallow mixture over the previously prepared popcorn and stir with a buttered wooden spoon until all the popcorn is coated.
- Grease your hands with butter and shape the popcorn into the size of a softball.
- Stick a popsicle stick in each popcorn ball
- Place popcorn ball on previously prepared baking sheet to set. This could take up to 1 to 2 hours.
- When ready, place the tub of Frosting in the microwave and microwave for two 15-second bursts. The frosting will be melted, but not hot.
- Dip popcorn balls in the Frosting and set back on wax paper to set.