Creamy Broccoli Salad Recipe – Simple, easy, and delicious broccoli salad loaded with cheese, chicken, and bacon tossed with a creamy and flavor packed dressing. It is the perfect side to bring to a picnic or a potluck.
Did I mention the tomatoes and red onions in there? YUM! The entire salad is like a crunch fest you won’t want to resist.
To add! If you are looking for a potluck friendly salad, this is it! If you also need something to pack up for lunch, this is it!
On top of all that, me thinks the tangy and creamy dressing makes this broccoli salad a definite winner.
HOW TO MAKE CREAMY BROCCOLI SALAD
We start off by cutting up all our ingredients.
- Cut broccoli into small florets and transfer to a big salad bowl. *If you don’t like raw broccoli, you can put the florets in a small amount of boiling water and cook for 2 minutes, covered. Then, rinse the broccoli under cold water so to stop them from further cooking.
- Chop up cooked chicken breasts to bite size pieces and add them to the salad bowl.
- Continue cutting up the rest of the ingredients including, cheddar cheese, cherry tomatoes, cooked crispy bacon, and red onions.
- Add all ingredients to the salad bowl and set aside.
HOW TO MAKE A CREAMY SALAD DRESSING
- For the dressing, you will need yogurt, dijon mustard, honey, salt, pepper, dried parsley and dried oregano.
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix until thoroughly incorporated.
- Add the salad dressing to the broccoli salad and toss to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
This is an all time favorite salad and it goes FAST! If you have time, let it sit for a few hours in the fridge before serving – it tastes that much better!
NEED MORE POTLUCK SALADS?
- Crunchy Broccoli Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette
- Potluck Pasta Salad with Dijon Vinaigrette
- Spaghetti Salad Recipe
- Avocado Egg Salad
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS USED IN THIS RECIPE
Simple, easy, and delicious broccoli salad loaded with cheese, chicken, and bacon tossed with a creamy and flavor packed dressing. It is the perfect side to bring to a picnic or a potluck.
- 4 cups broccoli florets*
- 6 slices turkey bacon, cooked to a desired crispness and chopped (you can also use regular low sodium bacon)
- 2 skinless boneless chicken breasts, cooked/grilled and diced to bite size pieces
- 2 cups low fat cubed cheddar cheese
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
In a large salad bowl combine broccoli florets, chopped bacon, diced chicken, cubed cheese, cherry tomatoes, and onions; set aside.
In a mixing bowl combine mayonnaise, sugar, vinegar; whisk until thoroughly incorporated. Taste and adjust accordingly.
Add dressing to the broccoli salad; toss gently.
Cover the salad and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
*If you don’t like raw broccoli, you can put the florets in a small amount of boiling water and cook for 2 minutes, covered. Then, rinse the broccoli under cold water so to stop them from further cooking.
WW FREESTYLE SMART POINTS: 4