I have concluded that you and I need to make chocolate chip cookies a bit more often.
Sure, there’s those Chocolate Butterscotch Cookies we made a while back… then there’s the Chocolate Chip Cookie Sandwiches with Nutella Cream Cheese Frosting… we also have…
I guess we’ve discussed chocolate chips cookies, or a variation of, on a couple of occasions.
But, having one more chocolate chip cookie recipe is not going to hurt. Not at all… Trust me.
Meet Sarabeth’s Chocolate Cloud Cookies.
I have made these cookies on a number of occasions, but believe it or not, they never made it to my camera. I always sent a dozen or more to my husband’s work, another dozen to my Mom, and a dozen for me!
Finally, over this past weekend, I told everyone to not come anywhere near the cookies that I was baking because they were not for us. They are to be shipped to a member of The Leftovers Club.
When I said that I was shipping these to someone else, I swear I heard thunder, and a really mean laugh to go with it … you know the one… buahahahaha… that’s the one! It was my husband! He said he would find the package and eat a dozen. Dear Laura, <—-(that’s the recipient of my cookies) please count the cookies…. there should be 24 in there. Thanks. 🙂
These cookies are everything that cookies should be; a crispy cookie studded with chocolate chips and flavored with 2 cups of sliced, toasted almonds! I love them!
Also, there’s a whole bag of chocolate chips in these! Loves it!
If you have never had Sarabeth’s Chocolate Cloud Cookies, there is no better time than now to go and make them. You won’t be disappointed. Buhlieve me…
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups superfine sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 sticks butter , room temperature, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs , at room temperature, beaten
- 1 bag (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups sliced toasted almonds
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line 3 cookie sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a medium bowl sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the superfine sugar and light brown sugar; set aside.
- Place the butter in your mixer's bowl and beat until creamy and smooth.
- Slowly add the sugar mixture; continue to beat until thoroughly combined.
- Mix in the vanilla.
- Continue to beat for 5 minutes, or until the mixture is a pale yellow.
- Gradually beat in the eggs.
- With the mixer speed on low, slowly mix in the flour mixture; continue to beat until incorporated.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and toasted sliced almonds.
- Scoop out the dough using a 2-inch diameter ice cream scoop, and drop batter onto the prepared pans, leaving at least 3 inches in between each cookie.
- Flatten each ball of dough with the heel of your palm.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, or until the cookies are golden brown.
- Rap each pan on the rack 3 minutes before the cookies are done baking. This will make the cookies deflate and cracks will appear on the tops.
- Repeat with the rest of the cookies.
- Cool cookies on the pans.
Adapted from iVillage - Sarabeth's Chocolate Clouds
WW SmartPoints: 4
Leftovers Club Participants
I’M IN THE MOOD FOR…
- Has Eggs
- Is Healthy
- Is Make Ahead
- Is Simple
- Is a Smoothie
- Is Kid Friendly
- Is Light
- Is Quick
- Is Perfect for Work
- Are Cheesy
- Are Dips or Spreads
- Are Healthy
- Are Perfect for Parties
- Are Simple
- Has Beef
- Has Chicken
- Uses an Instant Pot
- Is Quick
- Has Seafood
- Uses a Slow Cooker
- Is Vegetarian
- Have Alcohol
- Are Crowd Pleasers
- Are Fruity
- Are Kid Friendly
- Are Seasonal
- Is Chocolatey
- Is Festive
- Is Frozen
- Is Easy