Friends, I need help.
Let me tell you what all happened while I was trying to come up with these Chocolate Chip Cookie Sandwiches with Nutella Cream Cheese Filling…
The attack of the “Let’s find the best chocolate chip cookie recipe” has begun, and it is taking place in my own kitchen. I made 3 versions last week on top of the 2 that I made two weeks prior. They are all in the freezer.
I have too many chocolate chip cookie recipes. About 25 recipes total. Only 5 of those are my own creation; pudding, no pudding, brown sugar, no brown sugar… spice, nut, yay, nay… oh the pain!
Can I tell you that my favorite Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe is in fact the Nestle Tollhouse recipe? Is that wrong?
Every time I prep to make a new CC Cookie, I end up going back to the Tollhouse ones. But, I think all that might have changed last Tuesday.
The skies opened, the sun shined, and the light led me to … Martha Stewart. As always.
I lost over an hour browsing her cookie recipes, drooling, taking in all the inspiration before I finally decided on making these Chocolate Chip Cookies.
I desperately needed a new cookie recipe because I had this wonderful Nutella Cream Cheese Frosting on my mind. I made it and put it away. It sat in my fridge for two days before I finally realized that I wanted to stuff it in between two chocolate chip cookies.
If you can find about 30 minutes, roll up your sleeves and make these cookie sandwiches. One sandwich is enough, if not plenty, to satisfy that sweet tooth and quiet down the craving. And, make sure you get on the treadmill for 2 hours afterwards. 😉
Chocolate Chip Cookie Sandwiches with Nutella Cream Cheese Filling
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 sticks butter , softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 bag (12 oz.) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips , melted
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line 3 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Sift together the flour and baking soda in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the butter, sugar, and light brown sugar; beat on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add the salt, vanilla, and eggs and continue to beat on low until thoroughly combined.
- Slowly add the flour mixture and mix until combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto prepared baking sheets, 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until cookies are golden brown around the edges.
- Remove and let cool for 2 minutes on the baking sheet; transfer to a wire rack, and let cool completely.
- While the cookies are cooling, make the Filling
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl combine the cream cheese and powdered sugar; beat with electric mixer on medium speed until creamy.
- Add in the melted white chocolate chips and Nutella; continue to mix until thoroughly combined.
- Let sit in the refrigerator for 10 minutes before using.
- Spread the frosting on the flat side of half of the cookies and put the remaining cookies on top. Refrigerate for 20 minutes to allow the filling to stiffen slightly.
- Serve cookies at room temperature.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.