Chocolate Butterscotch Cookies are thin, rich and oh so delicious! These chocolate cookies with both chocolate chips and butterscotch chips are the perfect recipe for any chocolate lover.
Chocolate Butterscotch Cookies
Honey. Sweetheart. Snookums. Sweets. Cookie. Stay with me…
I’m trying to see how many terms of endearment I might know. Babe. Mama. Big Daddy. Ewww! That one sounds like it should be used elsewhere, and never here.
How about Sweetpea? Anyone use that one? What do you call your significant other?
I say “Honey” or “Sweets”. Very original, I know. As long as he answers to my call, who cares what name I use, right?
This Chocolate Cookie Recipe Is Perfect For Valentine’s Day
Can I let you in on a little something? I want to call everyone a cutesy name. Sweets is my favorite. I feel that almost everyone in this world is sweet. In my little boxy world, there’s no evil. And if there is, I will kill it with my cookies.
I’d like to take this moment to request that you make these Chocolate Butterscotch Cookies for
yourself your sweetheart on Valentine’s Day. Especially if one of you is having a so-so day. These cookies will heal you. No matter what you are huffing and puffing about, these cookies will make it all better.
They are sensational. MAGICAL! Trust me on this one. You want this baby in your face! It’s thin, soft, gooey, chocolatey. And butterscotchy. And they melt in your mouth.
I promise you that after Snookums takes that first bite, he/she will be begging for more cookies.
Now if I could just make my Snookums clean up the mess I made while working on these gems…
Thin, rich and oh so delicious, these chocolate cookies with chocolate and butterscotch chips are the perfect recipe for any chocolate lover!
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a medium-sized bowl sift together the flour and baking powder; set aside.
- Place the butter and the chocolate chips in a small saucepan and heat over medium heat until melted and smooth. Set aside.
- Crack the eggs in a large mixing bowl, add in the sugar and vanilla.
- With the electric mixer on medium speed, beat the mixture for 10 minutes, or until pale and creamy.
- Stir the flour mixture into the egg mixture.
- Fold in the melted chocolate followed by the butterscotch chips. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes, or until dry and cracked.
- Cool on trays.
Slightly adapted from Donna Hay
WW SmartPoints: 5
Shared with Tidy Mom’s I’m Lovin’ It Fridays