This Chili Lime Baked Potato Chips Recipe is simple to make and so delicious! Homemade baked potato chips flavored with fresh lime juice and chili powder.
HOMEMADE POTATO CHIPS RECIPE
Hello Monday! Hi there, internet buddies! Welcome to another installment of food you can get at the grocery store, but why do that when you can also make it at home! Because I obviously have an obsession with doing just that. Hamburger Helper yesterday, Potato Chips today. Holla!
Who out there follows a Meatless Monday routine? Anyone? I try, but often forget. However, in trying to meet those Meatless Monday standards, last week I arrived at these potato chips and I couldn’t be any more satisfied.
I know. I know that Meatless Mondays are about the main meal, but work with me, here. (I had a salmon burger on the side. shhhhh! It was SO GOOD! )
The thing about baked potato chips is that they are a) adorable, b) delicious, and c) healthier, because they’re like chips, but aren’t fried.
I made these three different times because I’m pretty sure we all want the same thing; a perfect crunchy texture.
The first time, they were crispy. Like, CRISSSSSSPY. Could’ve been just my oven, but it could also have been me, the one that left them in there for 40 minutes… The second time, they were too soft, but the third time, they were looking crunchy and crispy and just about right.
That’s them, right there. Thin + Crunchy.
Here’s the dealio, though. To get potato chips as perfectly as you want them, you MIGHT have to get to know your oven a bit better. I mean, if these chips aren’t crunchy enough by the 25th minute, leave them in there… they will get to their destination. Just keep on checking every, like, 15 seconds.
Also? IF you like a bit more heat, add more pepper. If you like a bit more cumin, add more cumin. If you want less, add less. Get my drift? Good.
I ♥ You!
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS USED IN THIS RECIPE
Chili Lime Baked Potato Chips Recipe
- 2 pounds russet potatoes (about 5 or 6), washed, scrubbed, and cut into 1/4-inch slices (use a mandoline slicer, if possible)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder , or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper , or to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin , or to taste
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- lite salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees.
- Lightly grease 2 baking sheets with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine, potatoes, olive oil, chili powder, cayenne pepper, ground cumin, corn starch, salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Add lime juice and mix until thoroughly incorporated.
- Arrange potato slices on prepared baking sheets. You will have to bake in batches.
- Bake for 15 minutes; remove from oven and turn over the potato slices.
- Put back in the oven and continue to bake for 10 minutes, or until potato chips begin to curl up on the sides.
- Remove from oven and let stand 1 minute.
- Transfer chips to a wire rack; let stand 5 minutes.
- If desired, taste for seasonings and adjust accordingly.
- Repeat with the second batch.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.