This Chicken and Veggies Ramen Noodles Skillet is perfect for weeknight dinners. Delicious ramen noodles tossed with leftover chicken, carrots and snap peas make for an easy and quick dinner idea.
AN EASY CHICKEN & RAMEN NOODLE RECIPE
These are Ramen Noodles, AKA my college BFFs, but gourmet-tized. And if you’re new to Ramen Noodles Skillet, welcome to your new favorite din din!
Hi Hi Hello! How are YOU? How was your wonderful weekend? I ain’t gonna lie. I am still in a girl-gone-wild-wine-and-cheese-party-weekend coma. My God, what was I thinking?! It hurts!
Remember when we were 23 and could drink and eat all the things?? Then we’d go back for tequila shots!? Great times!
Did I tell you that I am only 25? Yep. That ain’t a lie, either.
One more truth; ramen noodles at 3 am in a dorm room? Best thing, everrrr!
But now that it’s Monday and we’re all grown up, ramen noodles in a skillet with chicken and veggies is the easiest dinner, everrrr. You just throw everything into one skillet and done. Who has time to boil pasta when there is reality TV trash to watch.
Who’s with me?!
A good week ago, I found myself standing in the kitchen, eating bread-crusts smothered with cream cheese and thinking about what to do with 4 pounds of snap peas I just bought because they were on sale. A quick scan of the pantry and fridge led me to boxes of ramen noodles, leftover rotisserie chicken, and carrots. My brain quickly went into foodie-mode, the lights lit up in my head, the disco balls turned, and my food-brain just got out of control. In a good way. Not in a she’s-lost-her-damn-mind! way.
But the thing is… since we are soul sisters and brothers. I know that some of you are really going to appreciate this one. Especially those that love their ramen. And those that love their super quick, but always delicious meals.
In all honesty, this dish kind of left us speechless. Not because we didn’t have anything to say – we ALWAYS talk – but because it was so darn good and no one wanted to come up for air.
Having said that, it would probably be a great idea for you to go and make this today. All we’re doing is sauteeing the veggies and chicken, adding the noodles with some broth, and voila. Done and done!
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS USED IN THIS RECIPE:
Chicken and Veggies Ramen Noodles Skillet Recipe
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion , diced
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 4 carrots , cut in long ribbons (use a vegetable peeler)
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 1 bag (8 ounces) fresh sugar snap peas
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breasts (rotisserie chicken works great)
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) any flavor ramen noodles, broken (discard flavor-package)
- 2 cups low-sodium organic chicken broth
- 2 green onions diced , green parts only, for garnish
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet.
- Add onions, garlic, and carrots; season with salt and pepper and sautee for 3 minutes.
- Stir in snap peas and continue to cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the sugar snap peas are crisp tender. If mixture is dry, add a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil.
- Add cooked chicken, broken noodles and chicken broth; bring to a boil.
- Cook and stir about 3 minutes, or until noodles are tender and most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat.
- Garnish with green onions.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.