Hi! Happy Monday! Meet Black Forest Brownies!
Three words – OH. MY. GAH.
I think I have developed an obsession that involves brownies. Rocky Road Fudge Brownies, Fudge Brownies with Bailey’s, Nutella Brownies, etc… It would seem that you can throw just about anything into, or on top of, a brownie, and have some amazing, sweet magic meet your taste buds. What’s even better is adding a bit of some incredibly delicious liqeur. And cherries.
Boozy brownies can seriously rock my world. Boozy, creamy, and fruity?! Oh, this is beyooooond!
If you didn’t know, these brownies are the IT thing at the moment…
Ok, I made that up, but they really should be the thing. They should have their own runway. And a zip code.
I know, it sounds like I am exaggerating, but… yeah, I’m exaggerating. 😛
But, honestly, these are the awesomest brownies I have ever met. They are tasteful, yummy, mouthwatering…
Want proof?! Look below:
Meet my assistant, Aleksandra!
See, Even a 1-year old knows what’s good for her. Don’t worry, her brownies were without all the fun stuff; hers were chocolaty and creamy.
You don’t think I’d give my babe alcohol, do you?! Maybe on a plane. JUST KIDDING!
You know, she’s going to be a whole 1-year old tomorrow. 20 more years and she and I can bar hop together! I’ll be that old lady everyone stares at. Can’t wait!
So, because it’s Monday, I say go and make these brownies so that Monday can feel like a Friday, which is the day that your diet goes out the door and the fun begins.
What’s more is that you can even use a brownie mix. You don’t have to make them from scratch if you don’t want to. Just pick up your favorite brownie mix, or make your favorite brownie recipe, and follow the instructions to the whipped cream and the cherries.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks butter
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips , chopped
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons cherry liquer
- 2 cups cherries , pitted. quartered
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/2 cups cold heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Fresh Cherries for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease a 8x8-inch baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Sift together the flour and salt; set aside.
- Place the butter and chopped chocolate in a saucepan and melt over low heat, stirring frequently, until melted and smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir the sugar into the chocolate mixture; let cool for 3 minutes.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into your mixer's bowl and beat in the eggs, one at a time.
- Stir in the flour mixture with a wooden spoon.
- Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack.
- When cool, prick with a fork all over the surface and sprinkle with cherry liquer.
- Combine cherries and sugar in a frying pan and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, or until softened.
- Remove and completely cool.
- Beat cream in a mixing bowl until it slightly thickens.
- Add vanilla; continue to mix.
- Gradually add in powdered sugar; beat until stiff peaks form.
- Fold in completely cooled cherries. Do not stir.
- Spread prepared cream on top of brownie cake using an offset spatula.
- Cut into bars and add a fresh cherry on top of each bar.
WW SmartPoints: 17
I am sharing this recipe with the Chocolate Party
I’M IN THE MOOD FOR…
- Has Eggs
- Is Healthy
- Is Make Ahead
- Is Simple
- Is a Smoothie
- Is Kid Friendly
- Is Light
- Is Quick
- Is Perfect for Work
- Are Cheesy
- Are Dips or Spreads
- Are Healthy
- Are Perfect for Parties
- Are Simple
- Has Beef
- Has Chicken
- Uses an Instant Pot
- Is Quick
- Has Seafood
- Uses a Slow Cooker
- Is Vegetarian
- Have Alcohol
- Are Crowd Pleasers
- Are Fruity
- Are Kid Friendly
- Are Seasonal
- Is Chocolatey
- Is Festive
- Is Frozen
- Is Easy