Every day requires a bit of adventure, and some days are more adventurous than others… Especially when you have a preschooler.
I decided to make you something St. Patrick’s(y), and this one little brown-haired girl wanted to help. Thinking that I would change her mind about hanging around with me in the kitchen, I told her that this was one bowl of buttercream that she couldn’t lick.
ME: Because there’s alcohol in this.
Ana: Because WHY?
ME: Because it’s St. Patrick’s Day and I am going to make boozy Fudge Brownies with Baileys Buttercream.
Ana: SAINTS DRINK?!? ALCOHOOOOOL????
At this point I just lost it! I had not laughed that hard in a long time!
Our conversation went on for an entire hour. In the end I had to make a deal with her – she couldn’t have a brownie, but I would let her spread the buttercream on top. She came back with a counter offer – she wanted to put the buttercream in a pastry bag and pipe it, like she does with the gazillion cupcakes that we make almost every weekend. Deal.
Don’t you love how that frosting turned out on top? Pretty, right? ;-D
I don’t mean to toot my own horn, but I am convinced that these brownies are seriously the best. Ever. Everrrrr. It’s the buttercream. It’s freakin’ ahhhhh-mazin’.
You know, after having two brownies, I sorta felt a bit tipsy. Seriously. I went to have two more for the full effect.
The brownies and the buttercream … well… they just made me swoon. They are boozy, they are beautiful, and they are delicious. And boozy. I hope you have a moment to make them. I mean… under no circumstance do I want you to come to this blog, read it, and then leave without hitting the print button. Some of these recipes need to be experienced by not just your eyes, but by your belly!
Fudge Brownies with Baileys Buttercream
For the Brownies
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks butter
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips , chopped
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon Baileys Irish Cream
For the Buttercream
- 1 stick butter , softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons Baileys Irish Cream
For the Brownies
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease a 9x9-inch baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Sift together the flour and salt; set aside.
- Place the butter and chopped chocolate in a saucepan and melt over low heat, stirring frequently, until melted and smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir the sugar into the chocolate mixture; let cool for 3 minutes.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into your mixer's bowl and beat in the eggs, one at a time.
- Mix in the Baileys Irish Cream.
- Stir in the flour mixture with a wooden spoon.
- Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack.
Prepare the Buttercream
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl and blend together with your electric mixer; mix until smooth and creamy.
- Spread on top of brownies.
WW SmartPoints: 14
More Brownies Recipes: