Avocado and Feta Kale Salad with Garlic Dijon Vinaigrette is a hearty and delicious kale salad recipe that is perfect for a quick lunch or dinner. It’s a healthy salad that’s loaded with avocados, feta, pears, almonds and more and topped with a homemade Garlic Dijon Vinaigrette!
You’ll Love Kale Salad After Trying This Easy Recipe
A.K.A. The Kitchen Sink Kale Salad, and it’s AH.MAY.ZING!
Hi Hey! How ARE you? Raise your hand if you LOVE kale!!
Mmm’kay… not very many hands.
Please allow me to change your mind with this salad. Cool?
This Kale Salad Is Loaded With All My Favorite Ingredients
There’s power in a good salad and THIS kale salad has the secret and the power to make you want it. The secret?! It’s NOT in the greens. Um duh. The secret lies in the fixins. Of course.
Thus, the only thing we always have to do is take all that good-for-you kale stuff and make it taste WAY BETTER by topping it with healthy avocados and a good dose of feta.
I know what you’re thinking. You really don’t even have to say it. There’s a whole lot more than avos and feta up in dis salad. I know I know. But imagine the title up there – it would have been a mile long. Trust me. You don’t even want to know how many titles I came up with before settling.
On top of that, Mr. Google told me Avocados and Feta are popular so I went with that pair instead of the whole Raisins + Pears deal.
The better question here is; what on Earth made me throw all this stuff together in one big bowl? I mean, there’s pears, there’s spinach, there’s almonds, there’s RAISINS… onions, tomatoes…
Well, it was time to empty out the fridge and that’s the whole truth. Vegetable bins with only 4 mini sweet peppers and half-a-bag of spinach + one Bosc pear and a handful of raisins sitting in the pantry. A Kale Salad was the only solution.
And then I drowned it all in Garlic Dijon Vinaigrette and devoured it. Deeee-licious.
Another day. Another dang good salad. You know how it goes.
Make it and love it. I sure did!
Craving more? Sign up for the DIETHOOD Newsletter for a fresh serving of content delivered to your inbox! Follow Diethood on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest recipes and updates.
Avocado and Feta Kale Salad with Garlic Dijon Vinaigrette
- 1 heart of romaine lettuce , chopped
- 1 bag (6-ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 4 cups torn kale leaves , packed
- 1 pear , chopped
- 1/2- cup red raisins
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1 small red onion , thinly sliced
- 4 to 6 mini sweet peppers , julienned
- 1 cup crumbled feta
- 1 avocado , peeled, pitted and diced
- 1/2- cup toasted almonds
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup red-wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 4 small cloves garlic , minced
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- Arrange lettuce, kale and spinach on a large serving plate or a large salad bowl.
- Top with chopped pears, raisins, tomatoes, onions, sweet peppers, feta, avocado, and toasted almonds. Set aside.
- Combine oil, lemon juice, vinegar, mustard and garlic in a bowl and whisk until smooth and well combined.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle over salad.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust accordingly.
- Let stand in fridge for 10 minutes.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.