Apricot Ricotta Cheesecake: This light and fluffy Ricotta Cheesecake is sweetened with honey and packed with delicious chunks of apricots.
Welcome to *unintended* Ricotta week. Ricotta Cake on Monday and Ricotta Cheesecake on Wednesday. Not too shabby.
You know how it’s summer and 80+ degrees out there? And you know how you can get a nice, sweet tan if you linger around the sun’s warm rays? Well. Not me! I’m the gal that went to the tanning booth, instead.
I normally do not fake and bake, EVER, buuuut I have this amazing weekend coming up in Scottsdale, Arizona, and because I am white as a ghost (no, I really am), I thought why not pay a visit to the good ol’ L.A. Tan!
Don’t worry, I don’t play around – I requested the Ross-booth. “Friends” fans, you know what I’m talkin’ about.
So there I was, laughing hysterically the entire 3-4 minutes that I was in there. All I could think about was Ross. I laughed out loud and because of that, I have to go back to the booth tomorrow. Apparently, you’re supposed to keep a straight face to avoid untanned, white smile lines around your mouth and eyes. HA!
In other news. Did you know that today is National Cheesecake Day? Yeah, it is! For that reason, I think we’re obligated to treat ourselves to this creamy deliciousness I like to call Apricot Ricotta Cheesecake.
IF I was A food, I’d definitely want to be celebrated as a cheesecake. Sweet, smooth, layered and creamy – yep, I want to be a cheesecake. And according to the list below, a gazillion, fantastic food bloggers agree with me! We all came together on this day to celebrate our undying love for Cheesecake.
This recipe is much like any other cheesecake recipe, however, I made a couple of swaps to keep it on the lighter side of things. It’s still bikini season – almost impossible to cover up the bulge, thus I’ve been messing around lately, looking to lighten up everything under the sun, and somehow things are working out. In fact, happy to report, things are turning out deliciously!
Taking this sweet stuff out of your oven will have your heart singing and toes curling. It’s creamy, dreamy, and you have to wait 8 hours before you can bite into it.
I served this cheesecake with a handful of dried apricots on top, some sliced almonds on top of those, and a whole lotta honey all over!
Apricot Ricotta Cheesecake
For the Crust
- 2 cups finely ground Graham Crackers
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) butter, melted
For the Cheesecake
- 1 package (8-ounces) Fat Free or Low Fat Cream Cheese
- 1 cup Light Ricotta Cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/2- cup honey
- 3 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped dried apricots
- Whole dried apricots
- Sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 375-degrees F.
- Combine ground graham crackers and melted butter In a 9-inch springform pan; shape the crust into an even layer on the bottom of the pan and press it about 1-1/2 inches up the sides.
- Set aside.
- In your mixer's bowl, combine cream cheese and ricotta; beat until creamy and smooth.
- Add eggs and honey; continue to beat until thoroughly combined.
- Beat in corn starch and vanilla until incorporated.
- Fold in chopped apricots.
- Pour the mixture into previously prepared crust.
- Bake for 32 to 35 minutes, or until edges are lightly browned and firm, but center is soft.
- Remove from oven and let completely cool.
- Refrigerate over night.
- Garnish with apricots, sliced almonds and honey.
RECIPE SOURCE: DIETHOOD
WW SmartPoints: 9
- Blackberry Goat Cheese Cheesecake from Baking a Moment
- Blueberry Ricotta Cream Cheesecake from Hungry Couple
- Caramel Macchiato Cheesecake from Wishes and Dishes
- Chocolate Cheesecake w/ Whisky Toffee Shards from girlichef
- Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Cheesecake from Savvy Eats
- Coconut Cheesecake with Macadamia Crust from All Day I Dream About Food
- Hawaiian Chantilly Layer Cheesecake from Wallflour Girl
- Hawaiian Mini Cheesecakes from Pint Sized Baker
- Key Lime Pie Cheesecake from Love and Confections
- Lemon Cheesecake from Shugary Sweets
- Lemon Ginger Panna Cotta Cheesecake with Blueberry Sauce from Girl Versus Dough
- Lightened Up Apricot-Swirl Cheesecake from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Lilikoi Cheesecake with Macadamia Nut Shortbread Crust from Dieter’s Downfall
- Mango Cheesecake (vegan) from Jessiker Bakes
- Mini cheesecakes with a toasted coconut crust (gluten free) from Quarter Life (Crisis) Cuisine
- Mini Mascarpone Cheesecakes with Strawberry Balsamic Topping from Boulder Locavore
- Mom’s Cheesecake from Magnolia Days
- New York Style Cheesecake from URBAN BAKES
- Oreo Cheesecake (vegan) from Namely Marly
- Oreo Ripple Cheesecake from Overtime Cook
- Peanut Butter Cheesecake with Nutella Ganache Topping from The Redhead Baker
- Pear cheesecake with gingersnap crust from Roxana’s Home Baking
- Pumpkin Cheesecake from Lady Behind The Curtain
- Rainbow Cheesecake from In Katrina’s Kitchen
- Raspberry Cheesecake with Oreo Crust from Hip Foodie Mom
- Ricotta Cheesecake from French Press
- Salted Caramel Apple Cheesecake from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- S’mores Cheesecake from The Gunny Sack
- Snickers Cheesecake from Life, Love and Sugar
- Sugar Cookie Cheesecake from Munchkin Munchies
- Vanilla Bean Cheesecake from Wine & Glue
- Very Berry Cheesecake with Chocolate Oreo Crust from JavaCupcake
- White Chocolate Cheesecake with Macadamia Nuts and Caramel from Taste and Tell
- White Chocolate Frangelico Cheesecake from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- White Chocolate Raspberry Swirl Cheesecake from Will Cook For Smiles
No Bake Cheesecakes:
- Butter Pecan Caramel No-Bake Mini Cheesecakes from Simply Southern Baking
- Cherry and Pistachio No Bake Cheesecake with Animal Cracker Crust from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Mini No Bake Lime Cheesecakes from Miss in the Kitchen
- Neapolitan No Bake Cheesecake from Grandbaby Cakes
- No-Bake Berry Cheesecake from Food Lust People Love
- No Bake Blackberry Cheesecake from You Made That?
- No Bake Dulce de Leche Cheesecake with Caramelized Peaches from The Food Charlatan
- No-Bake Limoncello Cheesecake from Cake Duchess
- No Bake Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake from White Lights on Wednesday
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake from Crunchy Creamy Sweet
- No Bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake from Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
- Black Raspberry Cheesecake Milkshake from Blahnik Baker
- Caramel Cheesecake Martini from Happy Food, Healthy Life
Cheesecake Cookies and Bars:
- Caramel Overload Cheesecake Bars from Crumbs and Chaos
- Cherry Cheesecake Brownies from Inside BruCrew Life
- Chocolate Brownie Cheesecake Cookies from Lemons for Lulu
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bars from Chez CateyLou
- Healthier Peanut Butter Cheesecake Brownie Bars from Texanerin Baking
- Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Bars from Cooking In Stilettos
- No Bake Coconut Lime Cheesecake Bars from Beyond Frosting
- No Bake Cookies and Cream Cheesecake Bars from Garnish with Lemon
- Strawberry Chocolate Ganache Cheesecake Bars from A Kitchen Addiction
Cheesecake Desserts and Treats:
- Banana Foster No Bake Cheesecake Shooters from Mind Over Batter
- Chocolate Nutella Cheesecake Cake from gotta get baked
- Key Lime Trifles from Hoosier Homemade
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pots from Barbara Bakes
- Triple Brigadeiro Cheesecake Tart from From Brazil To You
Frozen Cheesecakes and Treats:
- Blackberry Cheesecake Popsicles from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Chocolate Caramel Cheesecake Ice Cream from Chocolate Moosey
- Frozen PB&C Cheesecake from Noshing With The Nolands
- Frozen Peanut Butter Cheesecake with Nutter Butter Crust from Crazy for Crust