2 Ingredient Crepes – Fluffy, light and delicate Crepes made with just 2 ingredients, including all-purpose flour and carbonated water. Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, but definitely NOT taste-free!
Hi Yo! TGIF, friends!
You guys, I just read that Kurt Cobain’s daughter is like twenty-something. Oh. My. Goodness! How old AM I?!
I still remember, I think it was yesterday, when he passed away. AND I cried! Well I cried because everyone else was crying and thought that I should, too. No, I’m not heartless. I just didn’t really know of him. I only liked the Teen Spirit song. Besides, I was still on the NKOTB-train.
But, seriously, she’s in her twenties?? So ODD! I could’ve sworn she was an infant.
Anywho. We’z old… Let’s talk about something current.
Currently I am daydreaming about walking into a Pancake House, but one that’s not about Pancakes and it’s all about Crepes. So, a Crepe House. I do love pancakes, though… But not as much as Crepes.
HOW TO MAKE TWO-INGREDIENT CREPES
However, today’s 2 Ingredient Crepes are brought to you by my one and only, my very beautiful country of Macedonia. THIS is how we do Crepes – flour and water. Done. We keep it reaaaaal simple.
- First, we combine the flour with seltzer water (soda water, carbonated water) and whisk to combine.
- Set it aside for a few minutes while we heat up a nonstick pan.
- Add some of the batter to the pan, swirl it around gently, and cook until edges curl-up; flip and cook for 1 more minute and be done.
These 2 Ingredient Crepes are also called Dieter’s Crepes and/or Poor Man’s Crepes. 🙂 Milk and eggs were too expensive back in the day. The struggle was real.
FILLINGS FOR CREPES
When we were little, my Mom used to turn out a hundred of these (I’m not exaggerating) 2 Ingredient Crepes at a time. She would then stuff them with either honey and ground walnuts, sometimes with feta cheese, OR even minced garlic and olive oil. Best stuff on Earth, I tell you. I’d lick my fingers off each and every time.
Since this is Holy Week for us, and today we celebrate Good Friday, I thought it was the perfect day to share these with you because this entire week we are on a strict, completely vegan diet and these Crepes have saved me from starvation. Not even kidding. Can’t wait to attack that Easter Feast on Sunday.
By the way, I don’t even know what to do with myself because this fast is keeping me hAngry. Can’t deal. *Runs into the kitchen and makes another batch*
P.S. For the record, I’m still riding the NKOTB train. The Right Stuff 4EVA!
Craving more? Sign up for the DIETHOOD Newsletter for a fresh serving of content delivered to your inbox! Follow Diethood on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest recipes and updates.
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 can (12-ounces) Original Seltzer Water (not flavored)
- Place the flour in a medium mixing bowl.
- Slowly pour in the Seltzer Water while whisking the mixture with a whisk.
- Whisk until well combined.
- Set aside and let stand 5 minutes.
- Lightly grease a large nonstick frying pan, or a crepe pan, with cooking spray and set over medium heat.
- Add 1/3-cup batter to the pan and swirl to completely cover the bottom.
- Cook until edges of crepe curl-up and underside of crepe is golden brown; about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Flip the crepe and continue to cook for 45 seconds to 1 minute, or until lightly browned.
- Remove crepe from pan and repeat with remaining batter.
- [b]Lightly coat pan with cooking spray in between each crepe.
- Keep crepes covered.[/b]
- Fill the Crepes with your choice of filling(s).
You can also use flavored Seltzer Water, but that will be much higher in calories and sugar.
WW SmartPoints: 2
TOOLS USED IN THIS RECIPE: