Blueberry Sauce Crepes – Soft and silky Crepes filled with a sweet Honey Whipped Cream and accompanied by a warm Blueberry Sauce.
Every year, at this exact time, I start to freak out because Summer is closing its doors on us. I love the summertime… I sure am going to miss it. I’m going to miss eating blueberries every single day, salsas every other day, and grilling every weekend.
Which reminds me, and it’s totally random, but back in the day, like a few months after 9/11 happened, we were at O’Hare Airport and I said that phrase – this is da bomb! – referring to the train that took us from Terminal 1 to Terminal 5. Suddenly 50 soldiers/policemen/firemen surrounded us, and I was interrogated for about 3 hours. Things got worse when they saw that I wasn’t born in the States! AND! When they saw that my employer was Bengali! …aye aye aye… nightmare! At least they apologized, and the last 30 minutes we spent laughing and toasting.
What does this have to do with my Blueberry Sauce Crepes with Honey Whipped Cream? Absolutely nothing. Nada. Zero. Zip. You get the point. Just don’t say ‘da bomb’ when you’re at an airport.
Also, your last pint of blueberries should be made into a sauce and spread on top of these incredible crepes.
You know how most mornings are meant for quick things, like cereal?
Some mornings should totally be without cereal. Me thinks this weekend-morning-days should be welcomed with a few of these insaaaaaanely delicious crepes. The Honey Whipped Cream should sooooo make it to your mouth as soon as possible. I spooned half of it into the crepes and the other half …ummmm, I won’t tell.
…and I still I wonder why I have to lay down to zip up my jeans…
When making these particular crepes, could you please blast Bel Biv Devoe’s “Poison” in the background?! I so did that. You should, too, so to get the full effect.
It’s drivin’ me out of my miiiiiind!
That’s why it’s hard for me to find
Can’t get it out of my head!
Miss her, kiss her, love her
Wrong move you’re dead
That girl is POISOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON…
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- pinch of salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- cooking spray
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup cold heavy whipping cream
- 4 tablespoons honey
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour and salt; set aside.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, whisk together milk, lemon juice, vanilla, and eggs.
- Gradually add milk mixture to flour mixture, whisking until smooth.
- Let stand 15 minutes.
- Combine blueberries, sugar, lemon zest and lemon juice in a nonstick frying pan.
- Cook over medium-low heat for 10 minutes, or until juices are bubbly and fruit is tender.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Pour the heavy cream into a large mixing bowl and beat on medium speed until it begins to thicken.
- Add honey and continue to beat until soft peaks form. Taste it and add more honey if you like it sweeter.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Lightly grease a large nonstick frying pan, or a crepe pan, with cooking spray and set over medium heat.
- Add 1/3-cup batter and swirl to completely cover bottom of pan.
- Cook until edges of crepe curl-up and underside of crepe is golden brown; about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Flip the crepe and continue to cook for 1 more minute, or until lightly browned.
- Remove crepe from skillet and repeat with remaining batter.
- Coat pan with cooking spray in between each crepe.
- Spread the Honey Whipped Cream inside each crepe.
- Roll or fold the crepe and top with the blueberry sauce.
- You can reheat the blueberry sauce by adding 1/2 teaspoon water while you warm it over medium-low heat.
WW SmartPoints: 10
I’M IN THE MOOD FOR…
- Has Eggs
- Is Healthy
- Is Make Ahead
- Is Simple
- Is a Smoothie
- Is Kid Friendly
- Is Light
- Is Quick
- Is Perfect for Work
- Are Cheesy
- Are Dips or Spreads
- Are Healthy
- Are Perfect for Parties
- Are Simple
- Has Beef
- Has Chicken
- Uses an Instant Pot
- Is Quick
- Has Seafood
- Uses a Slow Cooker
- Is Vegetarian
- Have Alcohol
- Are Crowd Pleasers
- Are Fruity
- Are Kid Friendly
- Are Seasonal
- Is Chocolatey
- Is Festive
- Is Frozen
- Is Easy