Crock Pot Mustard Pork Chops and Potatoes – Easy crock pot dinner with juicy pork chops and tender potatoes prepared in a delicious mustard sauce.
Happy Monday!! I hope this week will find you well and happy, and eating as many mustard pork chops as your heart desires!
Soooo. Did Adele clean house last night at the Grammys? I hope! I didn’t get to watch it because I was trying to catch up on family things. I was in Vegas last week for work and I kinda missed out on making Valentine’s Day boxes (YES!! because I am sooo not crafty), and I was also MIA for my daughter’s Student of the Month Breakfast. I know, that’s just awful! I’ll make it up to her. Hopefully she will make Student of the Month again… she’s only in 2nd grade, so I think we have time? 😨 Fingers crossed.
If you’ve ever wanted to fall face first into a pile of dinner… judging by the photo above, today should be the day, don’t you think?
Before I left for my trip last week, I put this entire uncooked pork dinner in a freezer bag for them because we loved it the first time I made it, and I guess this time, it was 5 stars all around, again. YAY for me, but time for some truth. Lemme tell you that this is so much better than the one time when I prepared these mustard pork chops and THEN froze them… ewww. Don’t do that. I mean, it’s nothing that a kick of brown mustard couldn’t fix, but still. Cooked-frozen-thawed-chops just aren’t mah thang.
I feel like this is such a classic, simple meal, but I couldn’t go without sharing because the flavors are so spot on. The main ingredients include:
- pork chops
- and apple sauce
nah…just kidding. No apple sauce included, but I can’t say the words “pork chops” without wanting to say “and applesauce” right after that. You, too, right? 😘
Now, say hello to browned pork chops sittin’ pretty on top of potatoes, waiting for a shower of mustard and wine and olive oil. Swoon!
When all of that cooks up together, it becomes a super satisfying and comforting dinner.
Sidebar: The potatoes I use are really small, barely a 2-inch diameter. IF you can’t find small ones, please cut up the potatoes in half, or even quartered because they won’t cook through.
ok. that’s all. buh bye!
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS USED IN THIS RECIPE
Crock Pot Mustard Pork Chops and Potatoes
- 1.5 to 2 pounds small colored potatoes , halved
- 2 onions , cut in fourths
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil , divided
- 4 to 6 boneless pork chops
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- additional mustard , for serving (optional)
- fresh chopped parsley , for garnish (optional)
- Arrange potatoes and onions on the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Season with salt and pepper and add 1/2 tablespoon olive oil; stir to combine. Set aside.
- Heat half tablespoon olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season pork chops with salt and pepper and add to skillet; sear until just browned on both sides.
- Transfer pork to slow cooker and arrange over potatoes; set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine olive oil, wine, mustard, garlic, rosemary, and thyme; whisk until well combined.
- Pour sauce over pork chops.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5 to 6 hours, or on HIGH for 3 hours, just until pork chops reach an internal temperature of 165F and potatoes are thoroughly cooked.
- Remove from slow cooker.
- Garnish with parsley and serve with additional mustard.