Blueberry Kiwi Slushies – Cooling and refreshing, these healthy Blueberry Kiwi Slushies are SO delicious and super easy to make!
Summertime calls for beach hammocks and slushies!
…’cept, all I got was a backyard, a chair, and cheap wine… Happy Summering to me!
TGIF, buddies! These Blueberry Kiwi Slushies are my way of completely ignoring all the back-to-school supplies at Target. And the school registration forms. And that we’re a month closer to the end of Summer… Damn! It’s never long enough.
On the flip side, it’s 93-degrees out there and I’ve got slushies! made in my blender. with just a few ingredients. and they’re healthy. and sweet. I LOVE where this is all going!
Remember that Crock Pot Blueberry Crisp? And how I told you that I had a number of large crates of blueberries to take care of? I’m STILL taking care of them. There’s a container of Blueberry Banana “Ice Cream” in the freezer, and two of these cooling, refreshing glasses sitting in front of me.
Speaking of cooling refreshers. Is a Slurpee the same thing as a Slushy?! Because if it is, then I need to tell you – I mucho dislike Slurpees! Bleh. But slushies are definitely my jam! Maybe because I always make them at home? Always a possibility ’cause I love anything home-made.
The secret to the fabulous slushies here AND the flavor? Just blueberries and kiwis! A splash of water and a tiny bit of sugar, too. To prevent the mixture from freezing solid, you have to add a bit of sugar – it acts as an antifreeze. Besides, the flavor is also intensified.
BUT look at that color! These make you happy to simply look at, right?
I just want to hold one in my hand all day long. And I will!
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS USED IN THIS RECIPE
- Serves: 4
- Serving size: 1
- Calories: 200
- Fat: 1.3
- Saturated fat: 0.1
- Carbohydrates: 50
- Sugar: 19
- Sodium: 10.3
- Fiber: 8.6
- Protein: 2.2
- Cholesterol: 0
- 10 to 12 kiwis, peeled, diced, and frozen
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ¼ cup water
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- Combine all ingredients in a blender OR a food processor; blend at high speed until mixture forms a stiff slush. You may need to add a bit more water to reach desired consistency- if so, add 1 teaspoon at a time.
- Divide mixture between 4 glasses, filling the glasses half way up. Set aside.
- Combine all ingredients in a blender OR a food processor; blend at high speed until mixture forms a stiff slush. You may need to add a bit more water to reach desired consistency - if so, add 1 teaspoon at a time.
- Pour over kiwi mixture, filling the glasses all the way up.