Mocha Latte Frozen Yogurt 1WP Mocha Latte Frozen Yogurt

My life is in order. It is. It’s very orderly.

I wake up in the morning and have my 2 cups of coffee. I put on my sunday’s best dress and see my husband off to work. Then, moments later, the kids wake up and dance their way toward me. I can almost hear an orchestra guiding their way. No cries, no screams – they are just happy to see my face. I seat them at the table, and with a Ginger Rogers-esque step, I serve them breakfast…

Now… um… how do I put it. Shall I say, PSYCHE! Take all of what I said and believe just the opposite.

My kids start screaming waaaaaay before I am ready to get out of bed. 6:00 am. Are you serious!? I worked up until 1:00 am… I want to sleep!

Sunday’s best?! Pssssht! Do yoga pants define sunday’s best?

Seeing my husband off to work?! HA! That went out the door the day we had kids.

Dear June Cleaver,

Thanks for making me believe you were real. Love ya!

Mocha Latte Frozen Yogurt WP Mocha Latte Frozen Yogurt

Let’s talk about real things. Like a Mocha Latte Frozen Yogurt! Can we say HEAVENLY! These are my two all time faves in one; coffee and ice cream. Loves it!

Loves it a bit more because I saved us a few calories with this recipe. I figure, dieting for a few days right before we are all ready to hit the beach won’t hurt us, right? So, say no to custard and yes to yogurt! We also need to tame it down a bit after those Black Forest Brownies. (SO GOOD!)

Do you have an ice cream machine? I hope so! But, if you don’t, here David Lebovitz shows you how to do it without one.

Go gather your espresso, yogurt, milk, and cocoa… and be warned; do not, I repeat, DO NOT eat this before going to bed. Unless you want to be up all night. Cleaning. And such. It happened to a friend of mine… we don’t mention names around here. icon wink Mocha Latte Frozen Yogurt

Mocha Latte Diethood WP Mocha Latte Frozen Yogurt

I am also sharing this recipe over at Kim’s place, A Night Owl Blog.

follow me on pinterest button Mocha Latte Frozen Yogurt

Mocha Latte Frozen Yogurt

Total Time: 2 hours, 40 minutes

Yield: Serves 6 to 8

Mocha Latte Frozen Yogurt Recipe Mocha Latte Frozen Yogurt

Your favorite coffee drink in the form of frozen yogurt.

• 1 cup Skim Milk (You can also use 2% or Whole Milk)
  • 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
  • 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
  • 2 tablespoons instant espresso powder (or any other instant coffee powder)
  • 2 cups plain yogurt
  • 1/2 cup heavy cream
  • 3 tablespoons pure vanilla extract

• Combine milk, sugar, cocoa powder, and espresso powder in a medium bowl and mix with a mixer for 2 minutes.
  • Stir in yogurt, heavy cream, and vanilla; continue to mix until thoroughly combined.
  • Turn on the ice cream maker.
  • Pour the mixture into the ice cream maker and churn for 30 minutes.
  • Transfer the ice cream to an airtight container and freeze it for 2 hours or until it reaches desired consistency.

Notes

Total Time includes churning time and freezing time.

Shared with Tidy Mom’s I’m Lovin’ It

pixel Mocha Latte Frozen Yogurt

33 Comments on this article. Feel free to join this conversation.

1. Heather @ French Press August 21, 2013 at 6:11 PM - Reply

goodness, everything you make is GORGEOUS!!

2. Luxury Jets July 11, 2013 at 10:50 AM - Reply

Yogurt…nice touch!

3. ashley - baker by nature June 13, 2013 at 6:09 AM - Reply

This post cracked me up; I love real talk! And you are AMAZING! I don’t know how you do it all and make food on the constant that looks this amazing!!! xo

4. Jace June 12, 2013 at 9:39 PM - Reply

I’m making this now. Can’t wait to try it! Three tablespoons of pure vanilla seems high. Is that correct? To offset the tart yogurt?

• Katerina Petrovska June 12, 2013 at 11:10 PM - Reply

Yes, 3 tbsp. :-) it will be too tart otherwise. Or u can use flavored yogurt, if u like. Let me know how it goes!

5. Denise Browning@From Brazil To You June 9, 2013 at 8:13 AM - Reply

Kate: I went to the doctor this past Friday, and she asked me what was my biggest issue. I replied to her: Fatigue!!!! So she asked me since when. And I had to say that it was since my first baby was born (almost 7 years ago). Ha!!! You are not alone, honey!! We think that when they grow up a bit life will get easier, but it will not. Life gets really busier and more complex. Even though, I cannot imagine my life without my daughters. They are real blessings!!! I am sure that you feel the same about yours although life sometimes gets busy and messy. :) Well, this refreshing treat looks terrific!!!! Have several of those– for yourself and also for me since I cannot devour them. :) Wishing both your father and husband a very happy Father’s Day!!! Take care, my friend!! xx

• Katerina Petrovska June 9, 2013 at 9:33 AM - Reply

Yes, fatigue kicked in as soon as I had my first daughter!! So, it doesn’t get easier?!?! ;-D Lord help us! ;)

Have a wonderful day, Denise!! xo ♥

6. Lauren at Keep It Sweet June 9, 2013 at 7:05 AM - Reply

I absolutely love this, Kate! I’d probably devour the entire batch…

7. Jean (Lemons & Anchovies) June 8, 2013 at 6:09 PM - Reply

Your posts always make me smile. I don’t have kids but my husband gets up at about the same time. And when he’s awake, there’s no going back to sleep for me. He’s an early bird and likes to get everything done by, oh, 8 am?

Love the frozen yogurt! I just bought popsicle molds–methinks I’ll be giving your recipe a try!

8. Daniella June 7, 2013 at 11:38 AM - Reply

WAIT!>How do you make this master piece/can you w/o said ice cream maker?!

Thanks!

• Katerina Petrovska June 7, 2013 at 11:57 AM - Reply

Yes you can! :-) There’s a link in the post, highlighted as David Lebovitz, and that will lead you to his how-to tutorial.

9. Bill June 6, 2013 at 6:22 PM - Reply

Will make this as soon as I can get the cream.

I found that freezing homemade ice cream, frozen yogurt, sorbet, etc. that freezing in ice cube trays works best. You don’t have to stir to break up ice crystals. When frozen, place in freezer bags, and when ready to eat, get several and dig in.

10. Ramona June 6, 2013 at 6:28 AM - Reply

June Cleaver… LOL!! I just thought about her and her apron the other day. LIFE (even in the 50′s) could not be like that for real.

Now I’m totally up for reality and this awesome frozen yogurt.

11. Nami | Just One Cookbook June 6, 2013 at 1:10 AM - Reply

Wait until your daughters are little older…I couldn’t believe how I would be busier than when I had little kids, but it’s true! Life gets crazier and crazier. I thought having a newborn was the toughest. What happened? We have less and less time…arhhh… I look like zombie most of the time. Seriously. I need this FY so bad. I’d be eating at 1 am to make myself feel better. ;)

12. Sandra's Easy Cooking June 5, 2013 at 10:39 PM - Reply

HA! Tell me about it…sunday dress LOL! Weekly PJ’s is more like it around here hahaha…Oh dear Kate, I could use this whole container just for me right this moment!

13. Valerie June 5, 2013 at 6:36 PM - Reply

Ice cream machine or not, I must have this frozen yogurt!! (Thank you, David Lebovitz!) And you, of course. :D

14. steph@stephsbitebybite June 5, 2013 at 5:58 PM - Reply

Oh I’m so with you about the whole NON orderly life. These days I feel like I’m at the mercy of my little guy. I crave a normal schedule again…just like I’m craving these pops!

15. A_Boleyn June 5, 2013 at 3:25 PM - Reply

Sounds so very delicious. Maybe one day. :)

16. Sue/the view from great island June 5, 2013 at 2:45 PM - Reply

Wow—I’ve been on the hunt for a truly caffeinated ice cream for a while, looks like this is it!

17. Laura (Tutti Dolci) June 5, 2013 at 11:43 AM - Reply

You are truly amazing, kind of like this yogurt! Frozen mocha? Oh yes, I’m in! :)

18. Nancy P.@thebittersideofsweet June 5, 2013 at 10:15 AM - Reply

Oh my! Yes I’ll take some now please! Frozen yogurt is starting to be my new favorite obsession!

19. Nancy R June 5, 2013 at 8:08 AM - Reply

Oh yes please………..this looks ever so good. :-)

20. Paula @ Vintage Kitchen Notes June 5, 2013 at 7:04 AM - Reply

Funny thing is that we think it might happen some day… In the meantime this popsicles will keep us happy! I might drink this in the morning next summer, it´s awesome Kate!

21. Stacy | Wicked Good Kitchen June 5, 2013 at 5:29 AM - Reply

Hahaha! Thanks for a great post, Kate! However, this really solidifies my thoughts that you actually, truly, really ARE…Wonder Woman! How else can you post as often as you do? LOVE coffee and chocolate together–especially in a frozen treat! Thanks for sharing another great recipe! xo