This Berry Streusel Coffee Cake is tender, moist, and has the best crumbly streusel topping. It’s an easy to make cake that is perfect with coffee or tea.
Berry Streusel Coffee Cake
1. Bear down! errrr, wishful thinking…
I am BEYOND shocked. Not because they won – I knew that would happen – but because, OMG, what the?!? I feel SO bad for the Broncos. They should get, like, 10 points for showing up?!
2. Another Hollywood talent is gone, and apparently, he went just like the rest – overdosed. So sad. Philip Seymour Hoffman, you did an amazing job while you were here. Hope you’re doing better, wherever you are. RIP.
3. Did you hear? Sarah Jessica Parker has her own shoe collection, and it will be available for purchase anytime now!? This is the END of me and my bank account. And my children’s. They don’t HAVE to go to college, do they?!
4. I need a doughnut.
5. Happy Monday, everyone! Want cake?
I Absolutely Love Fresh Baked Coffee Cake
It’s certainly no secret that I have developed an obsession for all things coffee cake. I LOVE this stuff. Best part of waking up is (Folgers in your cup!) knowing that you’re about to have a cup of coffee, AND knowing that you’re ABOUT to have a slice of this amazing cake.
And, not sure about you, but I’m also a snob when it comes to coffee cake. It has to be fresh. Like, no, do not bring me the Entenmann’s stuff. Ain’t gonna happen. It has to be from-oven-to-table. Sorry. That’s just the way it is. Muffins, too.
Also? The streusel. Yah. I can graze on that all day. It’s incredible. Some oats, brown sugar and butter – simple, delicious, comforting, and sweet.
This title is missing one more word, but it was getting ridiculously long, so I shortened it. The word “yogurt” should be up there, as well. I was staring down 2 Yoplaits and decided to throw them in here, for good measure. BEST idea, EVER.
What’s better is that this cake is all made in one bowl. Just one. Throw everything in it, give it a whisk, and pour it in a tin. BAM! Emeril style.
Hope you have a chance to make this. It’s so super easy to make and, if it helps, ONE BOWL. I think you will want to marry it. It’s THAT good.
This Berry Streusel Coffee Cake is tender, moist, and has the best crumbly streusel topping. It's an easy to make cake that is perfect with coffee or tea.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup light brown sugar , packed
- 1 stick butter (8 tablespoons), melted
- 2 eggs , lightly beaten
- 2 (6-oz) containers, berry yogurt
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 2 tablespoons cold butter , cut into medium dice
- 1/2 cup oats
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line an 8-inch cake tin or a loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, light brown sugar, melted butter, eggs and yogurt; mix until thoroughly combined.
- Gently fold in the berries.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan; set aside.
- Add cold butter, oats, and light brown sugar in your food processor; pulse a few times until mixture is crumbly.
- Sprinkle streusel on top of cake batter.
- Bake for 75 to 80 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes.
- Invert cake onto a cooling rack and let completely cool before cutting.
To keep for several days, wrap cooled cake with plastic wrap and aluminum foil. You can also freeze it this way, or you can let it stand in a cool, dry place. RECIPE SOURCE: DIETHOOD