A Vanilla Bourbon Cake is a variation of traditional vanilla cake that incorporates the flavor of bourbon. The bourbon adds a rich, warm, and slightly smoky flavor to the cake.
Boozy cakes. Ahhh. Be still my heart.
I love boozy desserts. I enjoy the flavor that it adds to baked goods, as well as the hint of aroma that lingers while it’s baking.
Vanilla Bundt Cake with Bourbon
A vanilla bundt cake is a classic and traditional cake that is typically made with a vanilla-flavored batter and baked in a bundt pan. The bundt pan is a circular pan with a hole in the center and fluted sides that gives the cake its distinctive shape. The cake is often decorated with a dusting of powdered sugar or a glaze, and it can be served as a dessert or as a special occasion cake.
And instead of coming up with a concoction of my own, I went straight to a tried and true recipe from BonAppetit I had used a while back that tasted like something you would expect from a pastry chef. This Vanilla and Bourbon Bundt Cake! It really is amazing! The texture is to die for. It’s like silk. Not kidding.
If you have a chance to make a bundt cake, make this. You will be loved by many if not all. Amen for cakes!
I did make minor adjustments to the cake; I did not use a vanilla bean, rather I used a tablespoon of pure vanilla extract. Also, the recipe calls for buttermilk, but I used 2% milk instead. For best results, use a good bourbon, like Maker’s Mark.
I also made two mini bundts. Just because. 🙂
And before I forget, my husband loved this cake when I made it two years ago and he fell in love with it again. See, even a picky eater will appreciate this cake.
Vanilla bundt cakes are a classic and simple cake that is perfect for any occasion. They are moist and flavorful, and you can also add some variation to the recipe by mixing fresh fruits, nuts, or chocolate chips into the batter or a glaze to add more flavor and texture.
Vanilla Bourbon Bundt Cake
- 1 teaspoon Maker’s Mark Bourbon
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ¾ sticks butter, room temperature (14 tablespoons)
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¼ cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- ½ cup milk
- Powdered Sugar for Dusting
- Preheat oven to 325˚F.
- Butter and flour a 10-cup Bundt pan and grease with nonstick spray.
- Combine bourbon and vanilla in a small bowl, stir and set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl beat together the butter and both sugars until creamy.
- Add in the eggs, one by one, beating until well blended.
- Pour in the bourbon mixture and continue to mix until incorporated.
- Slowly add in the flour mixture.
- Pour in the milk and continue to mix until well incorporated and smooth.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared bundt pan; smooth the top and bake for 55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then invert onto a cooling rack.
- Cool completely.
- Dust with powdered sugar.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.